Something to watch for right now with BCBR is their cancellation/refund policy, especially given the pricing.
I sort of have a bone to pick given the magnitude of the policy, what is currently going on, and where it’s “hidden” on their website, so I’ll post so that others can see it clearly.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION
Ensure that you fully read and understand the following policy regarding all refunds, transfers, and cancellations. This policy applies to registration and additional upgrades purchased.
I, the registrant understand that in the event that the race is cancelled or postponed as a result of, but not limited to, an act of God, Pandemic, Natural Disaster, including but not limited to forest fires however caused, earthquakes, storms, and floods, war, strike, revolution, lack of or failure of transportation facilities, laws or interventions or actions of statutory bodies, major accidents during the race, or other such causes, the BC Bike Race event organizers will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the race to a later date in the calendar year. If I cannot make the rescheduled date, I acknowledge that NO REFUND will be granted. In the event that the BC Bike Race is unable to execute its 2021 event, whether on the originally scheduled date or subsequently rescheduled dates, on account of any reason mentioned above, we will allow 75% of your paid value (net of processing fees) in credit to a future event, valid up to 4 years from your original purchase year – based on availability. This also applies to entries deferred from 2020.
I acknowledge the following conditions also apply:
- In the event of a race closure or course alteration, no refund or credit will be offered if a race stage(s) is cancelled or postponed or rerouted or shortened.
- Entries deferred from 2020 are not transferable to another person after October 31st, 2020.
- There are no refund options available to entries deferred from 2020.
- Only new entries purchased for 2021 event(s) are transferable before May 15, 2021.
- There is a $250 administrative charge for entry transfers. Please note that 2020 entries that are sold by registrants to other riders are not eligible for refunds from BC Bike Race. Buyers of re-sold entries will be required to register for 2021 directly through BC Bike Race and are subject to all the other terms and conditions of the original registration.
- Refunds are available until January 31, 2021 at 75% of entry fee and applies only to new entries purchased for 2021.
- Refunds are available until February 28, 2021 at 50% of entry fee and applies only to new entries purchased for 2021.
- No refunds after February 28, 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No Deferrals under ANY circumstances.