Anyone subscribe to Flobikes?

I watched a few minutes. I’d say not worth signing up just for that.

Flanders. Amstel gold. Flo bikes taking coverage from nbc and GCN. Is killing me.

Been personally avoiding getting flo bikes because of their dumb pricing, bad tech, and other things. Making it hard…

1 Like

The Sea Otter coverage was pathetic. Wouldn’t spend any money for it. I have a subscription and won’t be subscribing again. Their pricing, their poor announcers, the stupid Little Caesers ads that pop up all the time, I am done with it. They have definitely motivated me to just use GCN with a VPN.

4 Likes

Flobikes service is terrible. I tried to connect today to watch Sea Otter live. Instead of race coverage, I saw ads for Geico Insurance, RockAuto, etc, and some of them played multiple times.

Also, the Little Cesars and smoking awareness PSAs are bothersome and probably not well targeted.

2 Likes

They certainly tried and did a valiant job filling almost 3 hours of dead time, but until they can actually show more than brief moments of the actual race I certainly wouldn’t sign up just for these.

Horrible experience w/ FloBikes and their customer service here in the US. GCN + VPN has been the best entertainment purchase I’ve ever made.

3 Likes

I’ll just reiterate what I have said before…these types of races are not conducive to live coverage. You are reliant on spotty cell signals or fixed camera locations when trying to coverage large distances.

They are much better off filming the races and then putting out a tight, edited recap within 24 hours. That I would be willing to pay for….3 hours of talking heads trying to fill dead air time? Not so much.

2 Likes

Only showing small parts of races (like AGR today) and commercials at critical times in races (sprint finish of womens cyclocross worlds) is annoying,

Happy to pay for cycling coverage but when it is inferior, it makes me want to get a vpn and use GCN.

Flo needs to go away

1 Like

Commercial during mens amstel gold race with 2km to go. Come on Flo!

At least it was for Mercedes and not some ridiculous Batman logo shaped pizza.

Agreed. The injection of random and very low quality ads into their replays is insulting given how expensive the service is and that they don’t show ads when the events are shown live.

1 Like

I dropped Flo and went GCN + VPN. Life is so much better now.

The worst thing about Flo for me was the constant spoilers.

4 Likes

A few years ago, I had a really good conversation with someone from Flo about this and they said they would never post any spoilers…guess that didn’t last long.

Really sad to see how far FLO has fallen. It was great when they had the Giro, Flanders and a handful of other races. Was worth it then and had very good content. Seems like they have really dropped the ball the last couple of years. I dropped my subscription after 2020 when they lost the Giro rights.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember saying they wouldn’t post spoilers. But they made up for that by finding other ways to deliver spoilers:

One day there were two men’s races and a women’s race. I decided to watch the women’s replay first. Near the end, Johnny Sant (sp?) decided to recap all the other races in case you missed them. Thanks dude.

The Apple TV app does autoplay when you open it. I don’t think there was a way to turn this off. One time, as soon as I opened the app to watch a replay (Flanders?), the autoplay was Gregor announcing who won the race. Another time I wanted to watch a replay the autoplay as I opened the app was showing the podium presentation.

The Apple TV app also froze a lot. I don’t have any other apps that freeze videos.

By the time I unsubscribed, I dreaded races being on Flo. Flo still gets me worked up :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

It is funny. I have a bit of love for GCN (please bring an apple TV app) and NBC/Peacock feels painless (despite Bob Roll :slight_smile: ). No problem paying for either and find tremendous value in them.

But I realize I have a deep, irrational hatred for FLO. The spoilers, hard to navigate app, commentators, ads, illogical pricing. Definitely gets me worked up too! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Realizing Worlds are broadcasting on FLO. Guess I will have alot more time on my hands this week. :rage:

GCN + VPN - gets you all the Worlds coverage.

3 Likes

Did one year of Flo. Disappointed in the amount and quality of content. The price for what you get is ridiculous. Nope.

3 Likes

There was a time when FLO had great content and a smooth user experience….those days are long gone.

Such a shame to see them devolve like this….

1 Like

It’s still incredibly insulting how they randomly insert huge, obnoxious ads into their replays, often times right over the most exciting or interesting part of the event you’re trying to watch. And the fact that they still haven’t figured out how not to spoil results while you’re scrolling to find a replay of an event :man_facepalming:.

3 Likes