Anyone doing Portsmouth crit?

Our local boy traveled from California across the pond to visit family and race.

First up was Full Gas Summer Circuit series #17 at Lee Valley VeloPark at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Looks like he had a good time:

If anyone is racing Friday or Saturday crits at Portsmouth, look for a yank riding a red Madone in an SGW kit and show him a good time!

5 Likes

Hey I’ll be there Saturday AM for the 09:00 race (4th category) - tell him to say hi - Black Cannondale - I’ll be wearing blue club kit as per this video;

2 Likes

he thought it was a little faster. Here are some snapshots of weekly worlds and crits.

Full Gas Summer Circuit series #17 at Lee Valley VeloPark:

Recent Tuesday Night Worlds (flat & windy) after 1000kJ work riding to it:

and another Tuesday Worlds:

Similar speeds and power as our flat and windy Wed worlds.

Local flat crit (Golden State) in May:

definitely a little slower than his Tuesday and Wednesday worlds but those are on open roads.

Hilly race with 318W NP and 2600’ climbing:

lower speeds naturally.

October 2021 Into the Lions Den (sponsored by SRAM and Legion of LA) open category crit with a large field:

2 Likes

I’m his data scientist LOL

1 Like

Wed worlds are even flatter LOL. Last night a 30 something year old guy just getting into racing took the KOM of our game-on section:

53’ feet of climbing LOL: a freeway overpass, a levee along the river, a smaller levee, followed by a “slow drag” from elevation 6 feet to elevation 40 feet :rofl:

1 Like

464W average! Sure it’s a Strava estimate but still…

:exploding_head:

1 Like