Aggressive Racing, Sprint Power, Over-Unders and More ā€“ Ask a Cycling Coach 297

Thanks for the sprint coverage! Like Nate my standing sprint is only about 100W higher than seated sprint and both are north of 1000W so its literally the only above average aspect of my cycling performance :joy: Of course Iā€™m doing regular sprint training, and have cycled thru different technique drills. What appears to be slowly moving the needle for me is what @IvyAudrain described - rising out of the saddle into an aggressive forward position. And somewhat counterintuitively Iā€™m working on improving that by doing standing intervals during zone2/3 rides except here the goal is to stand without a change in power. Right now 90% of the time when I stand my power jumps from zone2 to >FTP. My (current) hope :crossed_fingers: is that improving coordination on the easy stuff will improve overall neuromuscular response when it is go time. There are so many things that have to quickly come together in that short span of time!!!

3 Likes