Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Thank you :slight_smile:

Am I the only one who cries a little every time a friend who doesn’t use TR regularly gets accepted into the beta? I guess the good news is that it’s happening more frequently, which means the numbers are going up.

Just gotta remind myself to be careful what I wish for, and I appreciate everyone who shares the issues they encounter in this thread.

3 Likes

Preach!

The upcoming workouts I am pretty sure I will not even 80% pass after todays experience (Truchas +2 and Warlow) so there is hope that the adaptations that I think I need still happen. Although, who knows, maybe I will be able to do them after all.

I had this feeling early on as well. There were workouts it prescribed that I thought for sure I wouldn’t be able to accomplish, and when I did them, they were in that perfect challenge window for my fitness. Hoping you get the same experience!

Yeah nothing shows, the screen is after I pressed the arrows. Ive sent it into support.

1 Like

I got in, so excited. I can finish rest week and get back to attacking and dominating.

3 Likes

I hope it’s more exciting than my first three days: three days of confusion, blanks and no adaptations. :sweat_smile:

Give manually setting your ftp a shot
I was fiddling around with w/kg and toggled my ftp up and down(to the tested level) and my levels “fixed” themselves.

I havent done very much structured training due to Ironman last month, therefore AT thought I was losing fitness due to not logging any rides. But I’m still in great shape. I suspect in the background your “assumed FTP” degrades over time. Toggling the FTP number triggered it to say “Hey, your ftp is still actually good, lets pick up where you left off with your progressions levels for the last trainer workout you did.” Manually setting your ftp is the same event as taking a ramp test thru the robot eyes of AT.
All speculation of course.

Just did another outside workout. The prescribed power for the VO2max intervals was 352W. I averaged over 370+ without any problems and got ‘fail’ survey with 0.0 adaption.
Outside workouts just don’t work for me :frowning_face:

5 Likes

eyein that 300 person jump with my fingers crossed for the next one :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Woah, 3055. That’s a rapid rate increase.

1 Like

Did you select the option of “I didn’t struggle?” That should give you the proper survey to fill out. My experience is that it always gives a fail survey and I have to tell it I didn’t struggle. I assume it’s a current workaround for some of the outdoor bugs.

@IvyAudrain, is it the intended behavior for outside workouts to push fail surveys (they happen every time for me) and have the user indicate they didn’t struggle?

Good question, it’s not intended behavior but on our radar as a known Adaptive Training issue: ‘Occasionally outside workout outcomes don’t get correctly classified’. Actively working on a fix, you can see all the known and resolved issues in the OP here:

:tada::tada::tada: Introducing Adaptive Training! :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes

Gotcha. I thought classification meant tempo being called threshold or that achievable workouts appeared as breakthroughs or something. Now I understand. Thank you!

1 Like

Yep. That’s how I do it. I marked this as moderate.
But I don’t think the feedback has any impact on adaptation (correct me if I am wrong).

I think it depends on the headunit and on how it is synced with TR apparently. Folks have found luck with PLs changing when it is sent via Garmin Connect, but when it is sent by Strava, it doesn’t appear to work properly.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if it has to do with how Strava categorizes rides with that dropdown that allows you to pick Race or Workout. Looking at past rides, it appears that all the indoor ones are tagged as workouts and all my outdoor ones do not have a tag at all. I’m going to have to test this with my workout this afternoon!

Amen, same here, need to stop reading these threads until I’m in, making me sad :frowning:

1 Like

I just had my first ride with AT that gave me a PL change since I got in a few weeks ago.
I tried disconnecting my Strava account while keeping Garmin Connect and now the outdoor workout seemed to get tagged as a workout properly.
Interestingly, on the TSS chart on the career page, it also shows as a dark green section, like i completed a TR workout, instead of a light green section for non-TR rides. I had been doing outdoor workouts for a few weeks without them getting any feedback from AT. Looks like Strava was the issue all along…

1 Like

I’m using a Garmin outdoors and have Garmin Connect syncing rides, Strava connection has been disabled for months for me and I’m having the issue with my levels not updating. For me, it doesn’t seem related to Strava ride sync.

1 Like

@Gnome @iamholland @NotRailingTurns

Just a quick update. Support came back to me and as usual were outstanding. They had a look at all of the issues we discussed above and it appears that the levels were set correctly based upon my very recent ramp test/FTP improvement and previous workouts in the last couple of weeks.

Also, as I’m not doing TR workouts outside, there are no issues with the Strava/Garmin/TR connections.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes