Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Yep, same here. Not quite the romantic TR anniversary I was hoping for.

7 Likes

This worked by the way - the AI is letting me train in peace now :+1:

1 Like

I’m on the wait list as well for the Beta but it’s no big deal to me if it takes awhile. I take it as a positive sign in that they must be drawing from a big (like vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big) user base who all want in.

1 Like

It is, TR-unstructured-on-Garmin is not yet live but a high priority.

6 Likes

Interestingly I did an unstructured ride mostly in endurance zone yesterday (Garmin 830) and even though I’m not in the beta I can tell something did change under the hood, b/c Train Now all of a sudden switched from recomending endurance, as always, to sustained power wich I haven’t done enough of for a while.

Yooooooo please keep in mind our Community Guideline of ‘keep it tidy’. Posting that you’re not yet in AT (in the AT Closed Beta Thread) is creating clutter and inhibiting athletes from finding the input they’re looking for, finding other’s experiences, and ultimately not helping others get faster.

To keep expediting the development process of AT, we will keep adding athletes based on an evolving set of criteria that help us address specific aspects of the product that we are working on at that moment.
That criteria is ever evolving and changing as we continually make progress with Adaptive Training, and it has allowed us to actually accelerate the rate of newly added athletes to the closed beta.
Thanks for your patience and for keeping this thread tidy!

19 Likes

Fair to assume TR-UNstructured-on-Garmin includes:

• unstructured workouts
  • structured workouts not created by TrainerRoad (TR custom, Garmin Mobile workouts, TrainingPeaks workouts, etc)

?

I’m looking at the TR .FIT file sent to Garmin and it is essentially the same as the .FIT file coming from TP. Perhaps on the TR side, TR has metadata to support post-ride analysis of TR structured workouts. And if it isn’t curated by TR then its considered unstructured :man_shrugging:

I’m using a Stages Dash headunit, so to do a TR workout outside I have to create the workout file myself. It is for certain a structured workout that is essentially the same as TR version (same holds true for all the examples you highlighted I guess). I hope that having intervals/laps in the resulting recorded .FIT file enables TR to properly classify the workout, in a way that is more accurate than an unstructured workout. But we’ll see, I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

Same here, looking forward to PL (/AT) support for non-TR structured and unstructured.

1 Like

This is probably wrong (in addition to the unknowns), but here is a stab:

8 Likes

Don’t know if this has been resolved but since my Day 1 is a Sunday (which break plan builder) if I wait until the last minute to move the workout back an additional day will all appropriate adaptions be taken into account?

Chad, great minds and all. There’s a nugget of something here for us.

1 Like

What’s an unstructured workout?

1 Like

some group rides, or solo rides, where there are loose goals like:

• ride leader says “flat and windy route so we are doing long tempo efforts”
  • 3 hours endurance and toss in a few sweet spot efforts
  • 10 mile climb out and back

I think it’s best to move things a day beforehand

Okay, but for any kind of logic to be applied AT would need to know the goal - which it won’t - so surely these should be processed like any unstructured ride?

2 Likes

The context of my statement is with respect to Progression Level updating. Some “unstructured” rides are in fact non-TR structured workouts, and should update Progression Levels in my opinion.

I’m in the AT beta, and have a coach.

And yes, I fully understand that AT requires PlanBuilder.

Don’t know if this was an intended consequence but has anyone else had post recovery weeks adapt to training levels equal to pre-recovery week? I changed over to the beta middle of my recovery week which may have also caused this ML issue.
I accepted the changes but just found the change interesting.
Here is the comparison

Without ML:

With ML:

It’s even more discrete than this. Structured is a workout designed in some tool or in the TR catalog and played back on one of the TR apps or on a device to be followed in precise steps. Anything else is unstructured.

How stuff is processed, or should be processed, is another whole converation :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Did you update the survey for Echo -3 to “I did not struggle”, which should have triggered the pass survey, which would in turn have updated your PL’s?