Action Cam Data Overlay - what is the best setup for creating race recap vids?

This guy does a lot of that :wink:. Let me know if you have questions.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsr-SU_SAqjrzmu4kXIRfUQ

1 Like

Just tried Garmin VIRB software on my Mac, pulling my .FIT data off Strava and using another guy’s footage (from the same group in a group ride). 0 to published on Youtube in about 30 minutes. Try it out!

Thank you!!! I cannot beleive how tedious it is in virb (amongst a bunch of other tedious things in that app) to sync the data to multiple video files. Just give me the option to span the one file across multiple videos holy hell. While we are here, why not picture-in-picture? This is the hill I choose to die on.

1 Like

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but has anyone used this Telemetry Overlay app? It’s $150 and there’s no demo, so I’m curious to hear if anyone has any experience with it before I pay for it.

Well, ended up getting a license and went out on a ride with my GoPro to try it out. It was a snap to use and I’m pretty happy with the results, but I’m not sure it’s a massive improvement over Virb for the price.

Here’s the video I put together: Biking from Kelly to Antelope Flats in Grand Teton National Park. - YouTube

4 Likes

The overlay looks very good and professional, well done. The uploaded video is of low quality at 360p. It would be interesting to see a short higher quality version of the video.

Yeah, the HD and 4K versions are still “processing”, not sure how long it’ll take for them to show up (I’ve never uploaded a video to YouTube before).

1 Like

4k is there and looks good

1 Like

It really looks fantastic. Very clean. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hi there. Newbie here, guys. I hope you don’t mind bumping this thread, cause I’d like to share my 2 cents about making race recap videos. I’ve heard mixed reviews about using the GoPro Hero 4 Session with data overlays, but it’s worth a shot if you already have the camera. Another option is to use a Garmin headunit with the VIRB software, which works well for a lot of people. When it comes to video editing software, I’ve had good experiences with Movavi (https://www.movavi.com/). It’s got a lot of great features and it’s easy to use. Anywya, just wanted to share my thoughts and revive this thread, guys.

1 Like

Virb is ok but time consuming. It is pretty good to also record your head unit screen and ovelay it.

2 Likes

first time I have ever seen an overlay. Way cool.

1 Like