7mesh bib shorts?

@melnik first plan would be to wash as per regular method, hang to dry, then put in dryer for say 10 minutes on warm/medium. Heat helps reactivate the DWR, but we recommend avoiding high heat in the ultrasonic welded pieces. If you want to retreat further with a DWR spray, you can follow their instructions or follow general instructions for reactivating Gore-Tex, but again stick to medium heat rather than high. There’s some good info here: 2-Minute Expert: How Gore-Tex Works

1 Like

OK, promo offer! Shop on our site and enter SMMOREOS on checkout for 25% off your purchase. Please use our sizing guide here Sizing Guide and especially if buying bibs please consider checking in with Clare in our live chat for sizing help. (You can also leave questions after hours and we reply by email.)

Fine print: limited time offer, open to all regular priced products but not sale products, we reserve the right to refuse orders or end the offer at any time. Intention is to leave it open long enough for those that expressed interest here to participate, but not much beyond that.

Thank you for supporting our small business during difficult times.

@Smmorina I will ping you regarding a credit, thanks for going first!
@MatMar @alvaroe16 @RONDAL @MrSmith670 @geebutbut @TonyLPowell
(Not sure on etiquette but wanted to tag the people that specifically wanted to participate.)

8 Likes

Thanks for the discount. Just placed an order for the MK3 bibs.

@tj7mesh awsome , thanks. I didn’t realize this thread would blow up so much. Glad it did and I’ll have to grab some RK1 bibs in the future. Cheers!

Thanks! I just put in my order. Looking forward to trying these.

@tj7mesh Thank you! I just placed my order as well. I am excited to try them out… indoor for a while… :wink:

I am 180 lbs, 5’11". I looked at the chart (and what others have ordered) and ordered medium. I will let you guys know how the fit works out.

Thanks!

Just ordered a pair as well. Looking forward to trying them out!

The mk3 are very high quality bib shorts but unfortunately the pad just doesn’t work for me.

I can confirm that too: I ordered a size M MK3 based on waist size (32) and height (179cm), since I wear M in other brands (and L in Castelli), and they fit ok, but there was some fabric bunching in the legs. So I had some advice from TJ and Clare at 7Mesh and had them exchanged for a size S, which fits just perfect.
So, definitely go by thigh and hip width, rather than waist

That sounds about right. I’m XL in castelli and sized off the thigh as priority. Nailed the fit at a Med.

In fairness to the sizing I should add that 7mesh was very helpful im recommending I go with small but I ordered both and kept the medium.

I’m 6’ 163ish with a 32" waist - I wear medium in Rapha Pro and Q36.5, large in Castelli and 33 in Chpt3.

I think my pad issues may have been resolved had I kept the small but they were so constricting on my junk which is why I kept the medium.

Thanks. I’ll be putting in an order.

cheers - will chat / send an email to see what the cost is shipping to Australia is.

1 Like

Thanks for the discount code! I have placed an order for the MK3 bib shorts and hopefully they fit well. I believe my friend Espo supplies the material for your company, so it’s great to support you guys during this difficult time.

The straps arn’t tight on 7mesh like the other brands. You should go the size that fits the thigh the best. You shouldnt pick different size bibs that don’t fit so you and your son have different size. That seems crazy to me

1 Like

Would love to try one, but with the way Australian dollar is going, I don’t see that happening any time soon.

Are you saying the 7mesh straps are too tight on the M size bib? Or other brands?

I guess I misunderstood your OP. Thought you got a different size to not be the same as your sons. Seemed crazy to me.

Just to add to the praises of 7mesh shorts: I went out for a ride, and it was one of the few rides in my life I did not go out the door fully prepared. I had packed for light rain and temperatures of about 2-6 degrees. But when I got 25 km in, rain had given way to icy rain and then snow. Eventually my softshell jacket gave in and let water through, and things went from unpleasant to really unpleasant. All parts of my body were cold and numb, with the exception of my groin area. Thank. God.

How tall are you? I couldn’t really tell any difference in the bib straps between S and M (i.e. the S don’t dig in either). If it’s only the matter of laundry, you could just mark yours and your son’s stuff with sth. :slight_smile: I definitely wouldn’t wear the same size in Castelli and 7Mesh bibs