7mesh bib shorts?

I just wanted to give an update on the MK3 bib shorts. First off, very fast shipping (shipped the next morning). The fit is very good, im 184lbs 6’3 and ordered a size M. I like a tight fit and these were perfect, one of the biggest issue I have with bibs in general is when I actually get on the saddle the chamois shifts back and the thickest part of the padding isn’t actually on my sit bone anymore. I think due to the fit/ floating chamois it sits really well in the right place when on the saddle. It does ride up my arse when standing but the saddle feel is obviously all i care about. As someone who like to shift in the saddle every now and then, that floating chamois is the greatest thing in the world. I wont buy a bib without one again. the straps are comfortable and not too tight like some brands can be. My only nit pick, (and im thinking this is more personal preference) is that there is no relief in the groin area. It really pushes your junk in tight. It is nice to some degree because there is no rubbing but having it pushed for long periods of time could cause some discomfort. A nice balance of holding close but not to tight is definitely hard to achieve. But I think my longer 3+ hour rides will decide. All in all, first ride im super happy with the bibs and would recommend to anyone.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. That all seems fair (and nit picking is how we figure out how to make things better). Agree the floating chamois is a big deal, we do that both for positioning and to also hide all the seams from chafing (‘Clean Finish Construction’). The comment about groin compression is fair - it’s not commonly mentioned so I don’t think it’s a big deal for most people, but it’s accurate. In the business, the foam coming all the way up like that is called a ‘modesty panel’. The RK1 quite uniquely has all the foam cut away so it’s more sheer than the MK3 and is quite a bit more…liberating.

3 Likes

@tj7mesh Can we organise a group buy for TR members to get a discount ?

Thanks !

Mat

3 Likes

@MatMar hmm, that’s a pretty interesting idea! We try not to compete on price vs our retailers, but we only have a limited number of shops, and I’d love to add a spread out bunch of core riders giving 7mesh a try. Anything like that done here before? Any guesses on what kind of interest level it would get, and what kind of sweetener would make it attractive for you? (I know you don’t have a crystal ball, just looking for some insight or opinions.)

4 Likes

@tj7mesh I don’t know if it has been done before but I would definitly participate. I am from Montreal and I would love to encourage a canadian brand. Maybe that you could start a new discussion in order to determine the level of interest?

I would recommend a discount thats can increase based on the number of bundled customers or number of bought clothes…Food for thought!

I would participate! I am looking for this summer 's new riding bib. I would be interested on trying 7Mesh based on the reviews. I love ASSOS and it seems like you are giving them a run for their money.

A quick question: is there a way to see what model you have? I checked my bib shorts, and apart from a cryptic ~10-digit number, I couldn’t see a model name anywhere. It’s not essential, but I’m just curious what model I own.

I’m in on this if it gets going. Love both the road and mtn bike gear these guys make, and now more than ever we need to support local brands.

I would be interested.

I would be interested in this as well

Best bibs I own - I have 2 pairs

I’d buy the bibs to see if I like them. Looking for a change from Rapha.

I know this is going against the thread but they are probably the worst bib shorts I have bought. I have three of the aero jerseys and are awseome but compared to the Assos bib shorts the 7Mesh are no where close. Sizing is way off, chamois does not stay in place when standing, quality of materials and stitching not the same. I would rather have a low end Assos than high end 7Mesh. I normally wear a medium but went to a small and still do not fit properly.

@OreoCookie if you want to DM me a photo of the label I should be able to tell you. The front of the care & content label package should have a model number on it so have a look and see if you can see that. MK1 - 1509. MK2 - 1775. MK3 - 1935.

@batwood14 thanks, glad you like them!

@GetOutAndRide it sounds like they don’t work for you at all, sorry to hear that. Maybe our fit fundamentally doesn’t work for you, even though you sized down. If you want to discuss specific measurements etc fire me a DM. Agree that the chamois floats around when standing, I think Smmorina was referring to that too. It’s a side effect of the hammock / clean finish system and that’s a trade off we quite like, but always room for improvement if we could solve for that too. It is disappointing to hear you think the quality of materials and make isn’t high enough - we pride ourselves on that, but for sure problems happen. If you encountered stitching or materials failure we would stand behind that. Our warranty is lifetime against defects in materials or workmanship, so if you haven’t been taken care of, please feel free to fire me a DM or enter the details at this link so we can see what’s going on. Warranty & Repairs | 7mesh . On the plus side I’m glad you are a fan of the jerseys, really appreciate the feedback both good & bad.

Thanks for those of you expressing interest and I’ll come back on whether we can offer something for this group.

2 Likes

Hi. Do you ship to Aus via the website?

Both fundamentally do the same thing but it’s like comparing a Ford to a Ferrari

How is that even constructive feedback.

Me and my mates all switched to 7mesh bibs last couple of seasons. Everyone seems to like em. Chamois kinda folds where it shouldn’t when you stand, which is unusual at first :flushed:, but on the bike its all good. Fit and finish is amazing, very hard wearing outer and super soft straps (which I love). Only complaints I had about Mk 2 was leg gripper and weight of fabric, although I rode plenty of hot days and aside from holding little too much sweat on the back, it was fine. Looks like all this has been addressed in the latest generation, so I’m super stoked to get my hands on rk1. Giant kudos to 7mesh team​:+1:. Also being a big fan of highline jersey, how does the new skyline one compares?

1 Like

@bmcd you can’t order automated, but we can ship to you. You can ping Clare in our chat window, or email us at service at 7mesh dot com, with what you’re after and we can get you a quote. We absorb as much of the shipping cost as we can to make it more reasonable.

@melnik Skyline uses the same ultrasonic stretch seam construction, but the fabric is very different. It’s a stretch polyester rather than nylon, and much more textured, so it stays and feels drier and more breathable in hot conditions. We think that makes it better in most circumstances, though some people love the Highline when it’s quite hot - it saturates and holds a lot of moisture which can feel good with evaporative cooling helping out at speed. (Also the Anything pocket system on the Skyline is still a 5 pocket system, but really different than what’s on the Highline.)

2 Likes

Thanks @tj7mesh, looks like an interesting jersey indeed :+1: Btw, do you have recommendations how to refresh dwr coating on highline? Sorry for for derailing the bib discussion :hugs: