6 weeks without a break: Give me liberty (from the plan) or give me death (it will probably be death)

I just started my plan over on January 14th after my string of bad luck (see my other non meme posts if you’re interested). I had four weeks of base and this week is my recovery week. Next week is Build 1…for a single week. Then right into build 2 for four or five weeks. That means that, according to my current plan, I don’t get a rest until April. It’s Valentine’s Day…if that plan setup didn’t kill me I’m sure my family would (for driving myself into a catastrophic overtraining depression).
I feel like something must have happened to create that? I definitely can’t do that and I want to know what the best way to work within AT is to fix that.
My first race is in July and I do not have concurrent plans or extra manual workouts added anywhere to muck things up. Is this a support issue or something I can change in my plan to fix it?
Thanks!

That does seem odd. If you haven’t made too many changes already, what happens if you redo your plan with the original start date (or one week before)?

Also, which Build Phase? I had a look and it seems like you should have a rest week after three weeks. Four weeks is tough by doable :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, playing with a different start date is worth some testing.

Also, since you’re returning, I’d lean towards the Beginner level setting, to push more base. Not sure it makes sense for you to be in to Build so soon?

2 Likes

Definitely what I thought about jumping the gun. Should I delete and redo the plan, or maybe just change the start date retroactively?
When I’m months out there’s no reason to be hitting build 2 lol.
@mcneese.chad is there a way to share my plan? I’m not about to say I didn’t make some mistake somewhere lol

My bad, it says one week of Build, but then to BASE 2, not build 2. But even so, the issue is the same. :melting_face:

If your TR account ia set to Public, you can copy paste the web address from your Calendar and we can view that.

Yeah, with a 6x week continuing, that would not be my ideal. Shifting thw start date may be the better fix to that, but its hard to know without some testing.

You can mess with that a bit, but seeing what TR support can offer might be worth an email too.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely a mouthful (legfull). I’d try setting your plan to start yesterday and see what that does (or the 21/next week). Only nuisance is if it tries to offer you two rest weeks.

2 Likes

Yes, two weeks rest sounds awful… :joy::wink:

2 Likes

I have this too except I’m in 3 weeks of a mini-build which will be followed without a rest week by 6 weeks of BASE2 ending on the week of a B-event. It seems ridiculous to me, I’m just planning on inserting a rest week manually, based on feel. Plan Builder still has a few of these quirks in my experience - I don’t let it override common sense :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ha, I had this too - 3 week mini-build then base 2 which meant 8 weeks before my rest week. I was pretty cooked and ended up manually moving my rest week up by about a week and a half, which ended up being fine, but sooner probably would have been better!

2 Likes