4iiii precision battery cap / o-ring replacement

Hi all,

I just noticed that the white o-ring sealing the battery cap (precision gen2(?)) is broken.

I am unable to find a replacement available (EU) - only the full cap which is kinda expensive (10+€). Any hint /ideas where to find or an alternate which also fits?

Thanks and cheers!

For another device I found generic o rings on line for a much more reasonable price. Without Vernier Callipers to measure things up its a bit tricky to find the right size :-/

No ideas, but have the same issue on last battery change. Cheapest I’ve found is €15 with delivery for the battery cap. Which is still a lot for just the o ring!

Damn - maybe I’ll get into the weeds and try to estimate the size and shop for some generic ones. The original one is torn so I’ll get only a rough house number when I try to measure it anyway…

I got a reply from the 4iiii support: The dimensions are 1 x 17 mm. So I’ll look for a generic one in a hardware store.

1 Like

ebay order gone in, although a couple of weeks delivery from Germany to Ireland.

Same, they gave me the dimensions and I bought a few generics. It’s been fine

I googled the supplier in the UK and the nice lady there just sent me one for free.

1 Like

Hi

Can you share the Oring you find ?
At which store or online store you find it ?

HI Could you share where you bought the Oring ?

Thanks

I bought mine from ebay (Germany). There are still plenty sellers out there (search phrase: “oring 1 17”). Overseas I don’t now though - I guess you have to do the math to get the imperial units and order some different ones to test them :man_shrugging:

1 Like