2022 UCI Cyclocross World Championship

Is there a thread? Or is it like the five nation team relay race and nobody gives a hoot?

Pretty sad to see the teams snub the team relay. The team relay is one of the fun highlights of the MTB world champs and was a pity to watch only Belgium, Italy, Czech Republic, Canada, and USA field teams. Heck to make it less of a snub Canada and USA fielded two teams.

I think this was pretty sad for the sport as a whole. Euro snobbish attitudes.

I’m here, would be interested in meeting others who are as well.

I’ll be there! I live in Bentonville so it’s a quick drive to Centennial. We’ll be there all 3 days but only for the U23 and Elite races and not much else due to a family situation.

2 Likes

I merged the other one into yours, mainly due to the better title.

Good to see such a huge field of 7 riders take the line today…more gald that the Mixed Relay Championship was won by the CX powerhouse nation of …checks notes…Italy. :woozy_face::woozy_face:

I’m here and watching all the races.
I was disappointed that the venue did not have any local beer or frittes.
Many will consider this the asterisk championships, but it’s still the World Championships.

1 Like

No local beer!? That’s crap.

2 Likes

Belgians sweep the podium for the Mens U23 race……rode a perfect race and really worked the Dutch over.

1 Like

The rabbit sent off to set the pace won, which is nice for a change. NED riders just didn’t have the chase in their legs today and the rabbit slipped away. Good race from all.

1 Like

On the trainer watching the women’s elite live. All tactics so far….

Those two are far far beyond the others!

1 Like

THE GOAT

:goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

Amazing!

3 Likes

Spectacular race, edge of my seat, so many great battles :heart_eyes:

1 Like

First cyclocross event I watched. Thoroughly enjoyed it! The women elite race was fun to watch. Looking forward to it tomorrow!

2 Likes

Good racing from the elite ladies. Just not Alvarado’s season. She’s been ill most of the year, stepped up to MTB world cup elite racing and her form was not there…I am sure she will do well there eventually. And then crashing today when looking on target for a bronze…arrgghhh! Looks like she might have some form coming for the upcoming MTB season.

Alvarado’s upbeat attitude after the race was amazing…she basically laughed the crash off. Good for her.

I still don’t understand how there is not a single barrier on that course……other than the stairs, it is basically a grass crit.

1 Like

The beer options are atrocious. No local craft beers (we have some really good ones) but they have Miller Lite? That’s not even beer. Missed opportunity!

The whole concession setup is a mess.

3 Likes

Can confirm.

My thoughts too. The little hill stall off camber is good, but looks like they could have done that at least once more.

Course was sort of missing technical aspects like long off cambers or the bunny hop skills section. Even a sand box would spice things a little.

2 Likes

Hard to watch much of the race onsite. You can only see a small amount of the course from any given spot.
Concessions much worse today. Long beer lines and the ran out of everything but Lite before the last race.
Talked to a guy who waited 50 minutes to get food.
That is why I skipped eating on site.
Heard a lot about slow shuttles since you can not park on site. I’m staying at one of the closest motels, so just a half mile walk up the hill.
Still fun, just not well run for spectators.

Belgies dominated U23 Men. Runaway in Jr Women.
Some drama in Women’s Elite with battles for 1/2 and 3/4. Alvarado showed how hard this year as been for her and crashed in the last battle to finish 4th.
Once they were in the 4th lap, Brand needed to distance Vos but couldn’t. She even tried to nearly track stand twice in the last portion of the last lap to put Vos in front. Couldn’t do it and what was inevitable happened, Vos out sprinted her.

Hope to see some good racing tomorrow.

3 Likes