2020 Gen CANYONs

I have to say I went from a Trek Madone 9.5 to Aeroad SLX (not sure what but Ultergra and Reynolds Strike wheels), and I noticed less that a small thing from smallville, on a diet (69kg FTP = 270)

Here they are.

“A spruce-up”, “a refresh”, “not radically alterered”… definitely going for the if-it-ain’t-broke angle. But part of me wonders whether this is a mistake when the Supersix, Emonda, and Tarmac SL7 are all flaunting their aero credentials.

Looks like there’s been the first glimpse of the Speedmax Disc (below). Looks like storage for tools has moved from the down-tube to a box above the bottom bracket. Likely to be the CF version as opposed to the SLX

2 Likes

With canyon prices they will sell ton of them, despite these are exactly the same bikes with a new, boring paint - 3.5k usd for a nice di2 bike is a great price point, especially in current market where the prices have become quite silly.

Certainly seems to be a pretty short top tube…agreed it is probably the CF.

But definitely excited about a disc option for the Speedmax.

I was going to pull the trigger on a speed max but may hold out now. Wonder how long until release

I thought hidden cables is the new normal for flagship bikes…sigh. H

I think the 3.5k model is mechanical, not electronic.

1 Like

Ahs sorry - my bad with conversion between different currencies.

The CF isn’t their flagship though, that’s the SLX which already has hidden cables and I’m sure will continue to do so with the disc version.

The ladies at least get a couple of slightly funky paint options including an orange and purple one! The men’s bike are a scintillating choice of grey, black, white or blue :yawning_face:

Not true, SLX range still cables out, check them out. I’m talking hidden handlebar cables tho…ala Specialized SL7. H

Sorry, my bad, thought you were replying to the post on the Speedmax, the SLX version of which does have fully hidden cables.

Yes, seems the Ultimate isn’t getting hidden cables this time around. So waiting for them to finally sort out whatever issues they’ve been having getting the new Aeroad to market…

Yes, the woman’s versions are better than men’s. But in comparision to main competitors the paint is meh… but I understand that better colors means more expenses and it does not fit D2C model.

Does anybody know, which Powermeter is built in the Ultegra Di2 Models?

Power meters aren’t included in Di2.

Talked to Canyon today. They said they will no longer be offering rim brake Ultimate. Disappointing. Just sold a bike, was ready to replace it with a Canyon, and out of my size (medium).

It is a pitty this push from all bike brands for disk brakes.
I would understand the high range builds to include disk breaks but rim breaks should always stay as an option…

Are you sure? I can see some of the new Ultimates on the Canyon site (link below) are rim brake. It looks like the SLX is only disk but the SL has a few rim options.

This one has a „integrated powermeter“

1 Like