Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
Win More Races, Strength Training, Build Phase Science and More – Ask a Cycling a Coach 190
Join us live for Episode 190 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll be talking about the best ways to strategically increase your odds of winning races, giving you a comprehensive guide to strength training for cyclists, covering when it is a good idea to complete two Build Phases back-to-back, a special announcement from Nate and Chad, and much more!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How cyclists should be using strength training
- How to increase your chances of winning a criterium
- Why versatility is crucial for a bike racer
- Is attacking into a headwind always a bad idea
- Can you do back-to-back Build Phases?
- Why all power meters don’t measure the same
- How to use a power meter with a smart trainer
- How to schedule recurring workouts with TrainerRoad’s Calendar
- Why aerobic athletes can race with anaerobic athletes
- Chad and Nate’s goal of Masters Tandem TT Nats
Links Mentioned in this episode
- Strength Training for cyclists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqmwjwTcOY8
- Spud Inc Neck Harness: https://www.roguefitness.com/neck-harness
- Resistance Training Volume Study: https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2019/01000/Resistance_Training_Volume_Enhances_Muscle.13.aspx
- Crossfit Games Crit Race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfnjMFd5q4
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.