Join us for Episode 189 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast! We’ll cover how weight gain affects VO2 Max, why the order of the intervals in your workout matters, a comprehensive guide to training camps, and much more!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to understand aero savings
- Which bike is best? aero vs. climbing
- What is the best type of bike racing for beginners?
- What to do when you miss a workout
- Why century training is easier than you think
- Does running build cycling fitness?
- How to find local races
- Is there a benefit to racing while completely fatigued?
- How does weight affect VO2 Max?
- Does the order of your intervals matter?
- The best training plan for Leadville
- A big announcement from Coach Jonathan
- How to incorporate a training camp into your training plan
- What we’ve learned from training camps
Links Mentioned in this episode
- Aero Deep Dive in the Specialized Win Tunnel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf6FwjoZ0tE
- Machines for Freedom: https://www.machinesforfreedom.com/
- USAC event finder: https://www.usacycling.org/events
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post