How to be a tough athlete, pro tips for the final kilometer of a race and why you lose most sprints, why you feel slower after a recovery week and much more with new guest host Ivy Audrain!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- New guest host Ivy Audrain!
- How to fix low back pain on the bike
- How to pick a training plan for the Specialty Phase
- How not to get boxed in during a sprint
- Pro tips for the final kilometer of a race
- Bunch sprint tactics
- How to improve technical skills without racing
- Why you feel slower after a recovery week
- How mindset affects training
- When to do a spindown calibration
- Is a certain pedal stance correct?
- Calories vs. carbs per hour
- Cyclists and running
- Jonathan’s Chilean walmart bike story
- How to be a tough athlete
- How to get better at longer intervals
Successful Athletes Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.