Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
FTP Testing and The TrainerRoad Ramp Test: A Comprehensive Guide – Ask a Cycling Coach 158
A comprehensive guide to fitness testing, why we created a new test, pro tips for your next fitness test and more in Episode 158 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Topics covered in this episode
- Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Facebook Group
- Lost & Found Gravel Grinder Preview
- Carson City Off-Road Live Podcast Recording!
- What is the TrainerRoad Ramp Test?
- Why sustained effort tests may not be the best format for you
- How to find your FTP with a ramp test
- Why the TrainerRoad Ramp Test was created
- How to make cycling fitness tests better
- Should you take an FTP test in the aero position?
- Should you take an FTP test in erg mode?
- Should you take an FTP test on each bike you own?
- What you should know before changing a ramp test format
- Can you do a workout after the TrainerRoad Ramp Test?
- How often should you test your FTP?
- Should steady state athletes take ramp tests too?
- What if you score different FTPs from different tests?
- Pro tips for taking the TrainerRoad Ramp Test
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.