What actually happens to your body when your FTP increases. sprinting mistakes you are probably making, our 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo strategy and more all in Episode 195 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast. Join us live at 8:00am Pacific!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to handle a
- How aggressive should you be in a race?
- How to make Tail Gunning easy
- Positioning tips for races
- Common beginner sprinting mistakes
- Our 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo race strategy
- What happens to your body when your FTP increases?
- Common pitfalls of cadence drills
- If you are short on time, should you adjust intensity or duration?
Links Mentioned in this episode
- TrainerRoad Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/trainerroad
- Nates Race File for Cat 4 Cal Aggie Race: https://www.trainerroad.com/career/nate/rides/49020084-cal-aggie-cat-4-2nd-place-guy-who-won-the-pro-field-in-my-mtb-race-2-weeks-ago-beat-me-in-the-sprint-
- 24 Hours in Old Pueblo: https://epicrides.com/events/24-hours-in-the-old-pueblo/event-guide/
- Schwalbe Racing Ray Tire: https://www.schwalbetires.com/Racing_Ray_HS489
- Schwalbe Racing Ralph: https://www.schwalbe.com/en/offroad-reader/racing-ralph.html
- Maxxis Aspen: https://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-280-140-aspen
- Light & Motion Bike Lights: https://www.lightandmotion.com/product-category/bike-lights/
- SIS Beta Fuel: https://www.scienceinsport.com/beta
- TrainerRoad Reviews: https://www.trainerroad.com/reviews
- Calendar Export: https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/calendar-update-calendar-export/10778
- Intro Workout: https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/438549-intro-workout-smart
- Elite Quick Motion Rollers: https://www.elite-it.com/en/products/home-trainers/rollers/quick-motion
- Tacx Neo 2: https://tacx.com/product/neo-2-smart/
- CycleOps Hammer: https://www.cycleops.com/product/hammer
- Wahoo Kickr: https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers/wahoo-kickr-powertrainer
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post