How to upgrade categories faster, getting rid of saddle discomfort, and how giving blood affects fitness. All of this and more in Episode 130 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
Topics covered in this episode
- TrainerRoad Party at Cyclocross National Championships!
- We’re hiring software engineers! Apply here.
- Why you should sync Strava and Garmin Connect to TrainerRoad
- Everything you need to know about category upgrades in road racing
- How many points do you need to upgrade to the next category?
- Do you get more points for a road race than a crit?
- How to upgrade road race categories faster
- What is a good FTP?
- How fit are professional motorcycle racers?
- How to fit big weekend rides into your training plan
- What to carry with you on long rides
- Should you carry your spares in your jersey or saddle bag?
- How to extend base training
- How to extend your training plan
- Why your saddle is uncomfortable
- How to find the right saddle
- Why your saddle isn’t the cause of your discomfort
- What makes a good saddle
- What makes a good bibshort
- Stretches and exercises to fix saddle discomfort
- How to maintain cycling fitness while training for a marathon
- Does giving blood make you slower?
Subscribe to the Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.