Sprinting is a skill every cyclist needs, and our latest podcast guest, Jeff Linder (NorCal Cycling Videos), is an expert at breaking down sprints in one of the most competitive districts in the USA. Tune in and become a better sprinter!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to position yourself for a win if you aren’t a sprinter
- How to find your strengths and weaknesses
- What kind of sprinting does Jeff excel at?
- How to counter someone with an explosive sprint
- When to start sprinting at the end of a race
- What makes a good sprinter?
- What is the ideal position on the bike for sprinting?
- Shifting during sprints
- How to plan your sprints for each race
- What to do if your plans don’t work out
- The sprinter’s dilemma
- Can a solo rider be competitive?
- Jeff’s cycling stats
- How to get in position for a finishing sprint
- When should you leave the draft to go around somebody in a sprint
- Jeff’s sprinter’s trick
- What to do if you are the marked sprinter
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post