Zone 2 fueling, fat loss & aerobic conditioning

I’m interested, if you need beta testers, feel free to send me a DM.

1 Like

Also interested. Feel free to DM!

2 Likes

Code yes, but sounds like you’re mostly looking for frontend stuff - definitely happy to be a beta tester as well though! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Front end is fully designed to the pixel in Figma. Just need it into code and my lead dev needs help because he’s a FT SWE at Google. The last thing I want this app to be is yet another clunky piece of endurance tech that works well but no one uses. Coding beauty and intuitiveness into an app is 10x more work for the guy hammering out the code than implementing the algos I spell out.

I don’t want to hijack this thread though, so I may make this my last post here on it. Anyone interested in coding, or who knows someone interested in fighting with pixels through code, shoot me a DM.

@OreoCookie , @wake if you’d like to get on a list for beta testing the app once we go to public beta, sign up here beta.

8 Likes

Done.
I’m curious to see what you are cooking up!

1 Like

My experience which is pretty consistent with most of the advice here;

A) I do my winter long turbo Z2 rides early morning at weekends, they are usually 2-3hrs measured at 200-215w
B) before doing so, I have a light breakfast of 1 slice wholemeal toast plus 1 scrambled egg with a double espresso.
C)The first hour is water only as fluids
D) The second and 3 hour I use 1x Torq Hypnotonic - 16g carbs - per hour
E) I have gels on standby.

Later in my training toward spring some 10-15 min tempo intervals are introduced, for which I then move to 30g carbs per hour during hour 2-3.

As mentioned, this works for me in balance but may not work for everyone. I have done these and longer sessions fasted, and it was the most miserable experience ever resulting in me craving to smash non existent cup cakes post ride.

1 Like

Those non-existent cup cakes are delicious :sob:

@Dr_Alex_Harrison I also signed up for the Beta. Looking forward to it!

Nice. I always have around 50-60 carbs an hour whether I’m doing z2 or say SST sessions. The Only time I take in less is recovery rides as they are v short in duration.