Xert Adaptive Training now includes Outdoor Rides

2 Likes

Very nice indeed.

Wouldn’t be neat to have Xert analytics with the engineering and interface design quality of TR?

4 Likes

Xert have just released an update to their interface just a couple of days ago.

Yes, and it’s not good and in some specific screens outright awful.

Strange. Are you sure you’re an xert subscriber? Or are you trolling? :thinking:

I’ve used it for a while and I have no problem navigating their ecosystem. However some screens are just horrible to look at. And the bigger issue is their lack of investment in Interface design is condemning Xert (and it’s users) to be a marginal player with snail pace development cycle.

5 Likes

As ive already said, they released a UI update just a couple of days ago. I love it.

If the new updated interface is the one in the pictures on the Play store, it is a combination of not pretty which looks difficult to follow.

Is Xert more like TP than TR?

Nope thats the android app for running indoor workouts, outdoor free rides and workouts etc. The main web interface has had an update.

1 Like

I’m a Xert user and not a TR user. I like their model and analytics, but it has stagnated and it’s clunky. Most people are not like me or you and can look beyond the interface. So their lack of investment here is preventing their growth.

I don’t like TR model of training for me….but I admire the quality of their product and development.

2 Likes

And it has smart workouts. Oh and it provides full analysis of outdoor unstructured rides :wink:

2 Likes

In terms of individual rides, yes, is great at analyzing them. In terms of suggesting what workouts you should do and an actual training plan without a coach? Xert is horrible at that

5 Likes

Can you elaborate?. I find Xert really excels at this. It has structure with a ton of flexibility. The trade off is that it puts more responsibility on the athlete, a lot of people are not ready for that.

7 Likes

Sounds to me like you’re both saying the same thing.

2 Likes

It sounds to me like you don’t understand xert.

With the big caveat that the model doesn’t account for fatigue of work under TP properly. It also struggles with transitions from low intensity to some intensity.

4 Likes

Can anyone explain what has changed with this new functionality? I haven’t used Xert in at least a year, but back then I remember using the Xert data fields outside on my Garmin. I loved the concept of MPA. It was by far my favorite thing about Xert. I can’t remember if you could download the workouts to do outside though…is that what changed?

From what I see, it now can recommend an activity, I.e one of your unstructured outdoor rides, instead of only workouts. It’s a neat addition.

I’m interested in models and last year paid for Xert (previous subscriber in 2017), however I’m using a coach and have had 2 issues with the model:

• model appears to overestimate my peak power and HIE, at the expense of my threshold power
  • asked Xert support to switch me to No Decay, and that seemed ok except for the issue above.
  • in March I started doing Wed worlds and more unstructured max efforts, so I switched from No Decay to Optimal Decay. Perhaps small decay or no decay was better, because the model is a long ways off of what I get from Intervals and WKO (and those two are behind Garmin Firstbeat).

Back in 2017 I was doing a lot of max and full gas efforts, and Xert worked great. But having to play with the signature decay is annoying, even though I can ask support to do it for me.

I’ve only done a few of the workouts, back in 2017, and really enjoyed them (in particular - We Will Rock You). My interest in 2017 and 2021-2022 was primarily the model.

2 Likes