Xert Adaptive Training now includes Outdoor Rides

2 Likes

Very nice indeed.

Wouldn’t be neat to have Xert analytics with the engineering and interface design quality of TR?

4 Likes

Xert have just released an update to their interface just a couple of days ago.

Yes, and it’s not good and in some specific screens outright awful.

which ones are you having problems with? Like what information isn’t being presented in a way that can be easily interpreted? Sure it not the most intuitive but its all useable IME

2 Likes

Strange. Are you sure you’re an xert subscriber? Or are you trolling? :thinking:

I’ve used it for a while and I have no problem navigating their ecosystem. However some screens are just horrible to look at. And the bigger issue is their lack of investment in Interface design is condemning Xert (and it’s users) to be a marginal player with snail pace development cycle.

5 Likes

As ive already said, they released a UI update just a couple of days ago. I love it.

So its not pretty enough is your gripe? I guess i dont understand the development comment, they are years ahead of TR in terms of outdoor riding and analysis

5 Likes

If the new updated interface is the one in the pictures on the Play store, it is a combination of not pretty which looks difficult to follow.

Is Xert more like TP than TR?

Xert is like a mix of TP and WKO, it provides advanced analysis metrics and workouts beyond ftp% based recommendations

4 Likes

Nope thats the android app for running indoor workouts, outdoor free rides and workouts etc. The main web interface has had an update.

1 Like

I’m a Xert user and not a TR user. I like their model and analytics, but it has stagnated and it’s clunky. Most people are not like me or you and can look beyond the interface. So their lack of investment here is preventing their growth.

I don’t like TR model of training for me….but I admire the quality of their product and development.

2 Likes

And it has smart workouts. Oh and it provides full analysis of outdoor unstructured rides :wink:

2 Likes

In terms of individual rides, yes, is great at analyzing them. In terms of suggesting what workouts you should do and an actual training plan without a coach? Xert is horrible at that

5 Likes

Can you elaborate?. I find Xert really excels at this. It has structure with a ton of flexibility. The trade off is that it puts more responsibility on the athlete, a lot of people are not ready for that.

7 Likes

Sounds to me like you’re both saying the same thing.

2 Likes

It sounds to me like you don’t understand xert.

Id say its just a difference in philosophies, if you believe that training needs to be set in stone months if not a full year ahead of time with a rigid training schedule sure, it doesn’t do that. But if you use the planner to set an overall seasonal progression with periodization, and take the training recommendations based on your actual multilayered fatigue into account for your workouts on a day by day basis it far exceeds expectations. Its essentially trainnow on steroids, and additionally it still gives you credit when you do training outside the scope of the given focus

4 Likes