Workout freezing

During tonight’s workout everything froze except the countdown timer, power, cadence,HR all stopped ? this is the second time it’s happened in a week? Using it on the laptop and it was very slow to load tonight too. Any issues?

2 Likes

Sorry for your troubles. It’s best to contact support@trainerroad.com directly, so they can review the logs and other items we don’t have access to on the forum.

2 Likes

I have had the exact same thing happen during 5 out of my last 13 workouts. It only started happening on January 9. I suspect something changed in one of the updates. Because in my 14 weeks of TR workouts that preceded that date (I started TR at the start of Oct) it never happened once. It is very annoying.

I had been hoping the matter would resolve itself. But, I’ll send an email to support because if we’ve both had the issue, odds are others have as well.

Me too!
Not very often, but i would say 2 or 3 Times in the last 5 months.

Same experience here.

If this has been happening to you, please identify the workouts it has happened in and report it to Support.

I base that on the following reply I received back from Support:

“I’m sorry to hear that you experienced freezes in your data. Training data getting stuck is actually an issue we’re aware of and are working on finding a solution. The issue seems to affect users of Tacx Neos disproportionately. I’ve added you to the bug report so we can build a clearer picture of what’s going on. That being said, I don’t have an ETA on when the solution could be ready.”

The email then goes on to suggest various ways to reduce device interference, connecting with Bluetooth vs ANT+, ensuring my trainer firmware is up to date, and then lastly how to clear the app cache, data, and reinstalling in Windows. Unfortunately, I’m good on the first few, as I have only the essential devices turned on, I use Bluetooth for TR, and my Neo 2T firmware is up to date. So that only leaves the last thing, which I’ll try tomorrow in the hope this doesn’t happen again.

1 Like