Wired dips into AT

I run Zwift via Apple TV with all the connections except Control. I connect to TR via iPhone and it controls the resistance. I disconnected Zwift from Strava and TP. Only TR updates Strava and TP and at the end of a ride, I can save my Zwift ride without creating a duplicate on the other services.

My current setup is very simple, to simulate doing workouts outside:

• RGT or Zwift control trainer in Simulation mode
  • workout on Garmin bike computer

pick a course and do the workout just like outside.

2 Likes

The intent is not to pile onto this writer but she also reviewed Wahoo SYSTM and gave it 8/10:

FWIW.

Okay you originally said you were using a laptop with ant+ so you could do Zwift and TR in parallel. I was explaining how I do the same but without a laptop and without any dropped connections.

I love outdoor rides too but structured training is my reward for riding indoors.

1 Like

Yes, that was 4 years ago. Where I live its no problem doing structured training outside, and I’m able to produce erg-like results outside.

1 Like

This person is a pretty atrocious reviewer. Hardly scratched the surface on either platform, skips out on FTP test then blames the system for their failings.

While SYSTM has the quirky videos, doing the same ride to the same video each time gets old fast and ends up being distracting to your consistency. That and prescribing 500% FTP sprints as the first session in a base period as it once did for me. That was the straw that broke my camels back and made me wonder if they knew what the hell they were doing.

1 Like

I don’t think the reviewer gave TR an honest try. Truthfully someone should use it for at least a 12 week base cycle before even beginning to draw and real conclusions. Plus the connection thing could be user error, TR is nothing but solid. Zwift on the other hand seemingly can’t maintain a connection to trainer control sometimes, ant or bluetooth.

1 Like

Interesting that she complimented the Yoga instructor having a “mellow accent”, as I’ve seen reviews that say she’s hard to listen to. I’ll have to try one and form my own opinion.

Also, she complained that you have to perform the test accurately or the results will be inaccurate…ummm, isn’t the kind of how tests work?

(Note: Not trying to defend SUF. I personally find their videos and music choice annoying)