Winter tubeless road tires

picking up on @MadTuna post here are the rated tubeless road tires at BicycleRollingResistance. Keep in mind that not all tubeless tires on the market have been tested:

First 10:

Next 11:

When I’m looking to try a new tire I add a filter for minimum puncture score of 45 which is 2 below Conti GP 5000 TL. Because within first 300 miles of riding them, I had ride ending punctures that sealant wouldn’t fix on both the 5000 TL (47 puncture score) and Specialized Turbo RapidAir (40 puncture score).

At the other extreme is Cinturato Velo TLR with a 103 puncture score, and that tire has never failed me but you give up a lot of watts… something like 22W vs 11W for 5000 TL at the tire pressures I’m running.

Interestingly after buying the wider Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3V wheels (25mm internal, 32mm external), I struggled for a couple minutes and managed to put on 5000 TLs in 32x622 size (with Vittoria Air-Liners!). After 800+ miles on them no problems and I’ve run over some nasty stuff on the road. Either luck or because of the wider tires, I don’t know. Really interested to give the new 5000 S TR a try as Conti claims they are easier to install and have better sidewall protection.