Why has deception -3 disappeared?

Yesterday I was messing around a bit with FTP AI which messed up my progress levels. To which AT messed up my schedule. So I wanted to manually select the workouts scheduled before messing with my progress levels. So Yesterday I chose Wright Peak -6 and could also select Deception-3. Today I started to doubt if I could do Wright peak and wanted to do Deception-3 which i did last week before the slight ftp bump but the workout isn’t listed anymore as an alternative (deception -3 is an 7.9 sweet spot workout)

Its there for me. I think I’ll give it a miss though :rofl:

1 Like

Because you have got a filter on Stretch when it is classified Breakthrough maybe?

I can see it from the workout lists but it’s not in the workout alternates

It’s 7.9 so between the 7.7 and 8.6 workouts i can see

Oh I get you now, in between meetings I never picked that up. I wonder why TR thinks that its not now a valid alternative for your workout if it was a valid alternative for the same workout previously :thinking: I suppose you could manually bypass the alternate function :thinking:

Yes and the weird thing it was an alternative yesterday

1 Like

I think that alternates take into account the workout format. For example, if you have threshold over/unders and want an alternate, it’ll provide other over/unders, not continuous intervals. In this case, the Wright Peak family is continuous intervals while the Deception family is a hard starts, so they aren’t necessarily analogous in the TR world.

It is because it is on the cross over (threshold) of Stretch / Breakthrough (a PL of 0.1 in it) and the alternatives automatically filter… just change the filter and it will show under the alternatives.

Maybe but I swear it was there yesterday, i was comparing it to last week’s iteration before my ftp bump

Ah, I missed this comment earlier… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Maybe it is because of the hard start, and wright peak doesn’t have a hard start… seems odd if it was an alternative for the same or similar session last week though.

1 Like

it was even an option for this session yesterday

I made an topic earlier about some other weirdness and screenshotted my calender as you can see there were other hard start sweet spot intervals there but right now I cannot even select them as an alternate

We definitely want to foster discussion about athlete experiences, but support really is the best place to get feedback based upon the full scope of your calendar, trainign plan, workouts, adaptations, progression levels, internal ride logs, etc. Please check in with them!

From the ‘Welcome to the TrainerRoad Forum’ Page:
Have a question about the app, your training plan, or device? Reach out to support@trainerroad.com instead of posting here.
Our support team has the best visibility and insight into your devices, workouts and adaptations, and will help get you the most efficient and effective answer to your question.