Which phase gave you the largest FTP gains (poll)

See I never had that problem. If the plan dictates a certain workout then I just sync it to my head unit and follow it accordingly outside. The compliance rate for me is basically always on par with that of an indoor version of the workout. So right now I’m just waiting for the weather to get better, so I can go outside and follow the plan there.

1 Like

Now, even in my third year on TR I still see my biggest gains in the base phase. In light of that I’m beginning to think that maybe I need to try a more polarized approach. As the season goes and the intensity increases my ftp stagnates. Over the winter and early season when I’m doing lots of SS and below I see an increase.

Not the full answer, but a clue.

1 Like

Found the correct modification but it is now too late. Damn :sob:

1 Like

Doh!

If I’m riding outside it’s generally with a group, so I can’t generally dictate route or pace. Or it’ll be solo gravel, with the terrain dictating how hard. Or certainly not conducive to intervals/ following a plan. This season I’ve changed schedule so the outdoor ride is replacing the “moderate” “Sunday” workout in mid volume rather than the “Saturday” one.

I’m guessing TR data would show many riders only complete base (so higher gains), then a smaller percentage complete build, and even smaller number complete a specialty plan-and that’s a sharpening phase not really a raise your FTP phase like the other two.

1 Like

Oh I know but I just figured I’d drop it and hope somebody got back to me. The opportunity for a chad confusion joke was too much to pass up.

2 Likes

:rofl: :+1:

I see the most absolute gains in Base phase, but I usually attribute those to getting back to “baseline”. In terms of increasing personal bests, it always happens in Build phase.

3 Likes