Where to stay in Girona

First time cycling in Girona with brother-in-law and our wives;
?best time to go (for 3weeks)
?places to stay
?best road & gravel rides

Here’s a collection of routes I have used over my two Girona trips.

Stay anywhere near the old town. Lots of good value AirBNBs. I would recommend autumn (Setember/October) and Spring (Mar-Jun) but plenty of good riding to be had in other months too.

I haven’t taken advantage of the gravel on offer yet, but by all accounts there’s 3X as many gravel options as road - and the road is awesome!

Thanx, buddy!

Haven’t had the chance to visit (yet) but found this place that looked promising:

Don’t go to Girona…
I was there a few months ago for a week and now I’m thinking to move over there :slight_smile:

yes. my trip to Girona ruined me… I keep wanting to move there as well. You can’t miss that which you never had! Girona is truly a wonderful place to ride a bike! We did an Air BnB just outside the old town, it was a 10-15 minute walk to the core old town and was really nice. There are tons of places to stay.

Are you flying to the area? Which airport is best to fly into? I’d be coming to from the USA. Thanks

Barcelona and then you have 38mins with fast train to Girona! I would suggest to stay in old town

1 Like

Yes…our plan, and plan to rent a car in Girona (for countryside site seeing, after morning rides).
Anyone have suggestions for “must sees”?

…and “must eats”?

Thanx for the links…this place looks awesome.
Let me know if u come across any other suggestions.

You have a great documentary on GCN+ about Girona

About 3 years ago a bunch of us stayed at this place

Had a well equipped bike garage, nice rooms, good breakfast, everything we needed.
At the time it was known as Hotel Meliá Girona, now seems.to have new ownership

2 Likes