Where did you ride OUTSIDE today (2022)

don’t ask, don’t get.

That is super nice of you @mountainrunner but I am pretty sure Congress is never going to be interested in anything I would have to say! LOL. But if I am ever subpoenaed, I will take you up on that! I did take a look at the link and was very impressed with your expertise!

1 Like

Yikes, @HLaB ! I’m sorry. That sucks. Hope you are not feeling too banged up. Hope the bike is gonna be okay, too. Glad you were close to home. Sounded like such a great day until the tumble.

1 Like

Oof @HLaB glad it wasn’t worse. No fun though, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Oooof. Hope it’s not too bad when you get up in the morning. What brand bibs were you wearing?!

Today I went out to help a bunch of new riders learn how to group ride. It reminded me how many riding skills I take for granted in those I ride with (anticipation, looking up the road, not being three bike lengths off the person in front, going over 20kph on the flat). It was a good exercise in patience and in remembering that this is exactly why I got my coaching training - so I can get more people out and confident on their bikes.

Then I did 3 hours of certification coaching at the track. Here’s an action shot of one of the first drills we do - riders have to shoulder check, move onto the track to ride above the cone, then shoulder check and move down. Over time, the cone moves all the way up to the balustrade:

8 Likes

They’re Castelli bibs. The cut/graze isn’t much bigger than a large watch face (4cm round at most) (I’d say the size of an old 50p piece but I am not sure what the Canadian equivalent is). The shoulder which had finally healed after a off road off is aggravated again but nothing too bad. I might’ve had mild concussion from the movement although thank fully I didn’t actually hit my head.

Lol, if you didn’t laugh you’d cry I got up at 5.30 for the TT and it was drizzling all the way down the road. I decided to do a course recce (thankfully in the car) and it was torrential at the turn. By the time I got to the HQ it was persistent but light. The organiser had also driven the course in that torrential stuff and rightly called it off (it being a dual carriageway course). Not long after he made the decision the persistent drizzle stopped and it hasn’t rained in the two hours since and at my start time it was actually quite bright.

If the roads dry up I am tempted to go for a ride on the TT bike but I am also concious that I probably should rest this shoulder and the Commonwealth Track Cycling will be on. (I think the tri is too)

2 Likes

Minot beach, MA USA

10 Likes

My home trail, should have known. Did some tree clearing early this morning and it rained last night. The wooden bridges were like ice. Made the first lap with no incidents and then on one of the bigger bridges, the wheels came out from under me.

Hump

8 Likes

Ouch :open_mouth: Heal fast!

1 Like

Luckily just alot of bruising.

Thanks for the encouragement

Hump

1 Like

Ouchers! Heal up fast.

Since you seem ok, thankfully, how’s your bike?

Bike was fine.

Hump

2 Likes

I rode the Rooted Vermont Little Sip route today (48 miles, 4200ft climbing). The weather was perfect and the event was a blast. The mullet protocol was in effect…there were lots of fast people out front, and plenty enjoying the ride (like me!) toward the back.

I rode hard and really pushed myself. I ended up with 2 lifetime PR’s per TrainingPeaks and intervals.icu suggested a bump in FTP. Looks like I cracked 300W! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

17 Likes

:clap: :+1:

2 Likes

Well done on the new FTP!! Did you see @ambermalika ? I think I recall her saying on a podcast earlier this year that she was going to be there.

1 Like

No…wonder if she did the longer route that left an hour earlier? Would have loved to meet her!

50.50 miles where I did 5 climbing loops and having already put in 9 hours this week, I mentally needed to just have fun today after 30+ minutes of tempo to start out. Just let the power drift instead of focusing on steady state:

with 50/50 left/right split:

WKO gave it an aerobic 7 out of 10, while Garmin gave it a 4.9 out of 5.0. After an off-season, its all about the base, right? This was a good week, 12 hours for the week, 561 TSS.

One the farm fresh produce stands on the way out to the golf community where I did the climbing loops:

And once I decided to have fun, stopped by the heirloom tomato and fresh fruit stand to check on the tomatoes because we love a great caprese salad:

Called my wife and arranged to meet at Strutz Farm the end of the ride.

A lot of wildlife today at the golf community, stopped at my brother-in-laws porch for water:

They were out of town… got buzzed by some hummingbirds on the porch. Today was warm and oddly humid - I sucked down 6 bottles over 3 hours.

Mama and babies!

Theme song:

10 Likes

Finally got around to doing this, and you were absolutely correct! Thank you!

3 Likes

Easy peasy!