Where did you ride OUTSIDE today (2021)

That is one straight road if I‘ve ever seen one

2 Likes

Florida style, straight and flat today LOL cross winds 18-25 mph :flushed:

same here, I’ve been lucky to have a job starting in 1991 that allowed me to spend a lot of time in Europe and Japan.

Back in 2019 our tour group was lucky to get into the special entrance at the Colosseum:

Can’t wait to travel again!

5 Likes

“Florida hills,” right? I picked up cycling in Tampa. Could ride 40+ miles with only 20 feet of total elevation gain, and that’s because I went over a bridge built to allow boats to pass underneath!

3 Likes

Sounds like Fenland in East England, a cat eye is classified as a Mountain :wink:

2 Likes

Oh yes the Florida hills :joy:

1 Like

An easy endurance paced ride - for the most part. Other than 2 spots:

• 20% grade for 0.1 miles that for some reason I decided to take a detour to tackle as the last uphill section of my ride. Spiked HR to close to max

• Waist deep hike a bike section for about 50 yards when the ski trail I was following downhill just disappeared! Took about 5 mins to move that distance.

8 Likes

Two outdoor rides for me this weekend, so nice to get some fresh air after 10+ months exclusively indoors!

My second ride was set as a Z1/Z2 ride, but I really struggled to balance maintaining a relatively low power target with my speed. Does anyone else have similar experience with this? I couldn’t help but think this is a benefit of riding indoors.

3 Likes

Nice ride down the river today. Was really warm again. So warm in fact I totally forgot it’s February and that the sun still goes down quite early. Rode well into the night … without lights… :man_facepalming: #thanksclimatechange

4 Likes

Windy AF today but warm enough to ride summer kit. Finally found this Strava segment and did 3 loops at z2 power. Good times.

3 Likes

Got in a gravel ride yesterday with a predawn start and a post-dawn finish. This was possible only because the kids were still out of school. (Last week was February break and Mon-Tue were teacher development days, so starting today, I’m back to needing to be in the kitchen by 6:30a. I got a new 5s power record (895w) which was, the bigger scheme, not hard (probably because the ride was about taking it easy with a focus on keeping the throttle out wherever possible).

That was in the morning, then the evening was to be 1hr Bluebell (3x(6x1’ at 120%)), but I started late and had to run to pick up dinner, so I went with 45min Baird (3x(5x1’ at 120%)) but realized I didn’t have time for that and just did 2x(5x1’), which felt surprisingly good. (On rollers in resistance mode.)

5 Likes

Chasing the rare sun here lately. Got out with the work crew and just did a quick tempo up the parkway and back down through some gravel back to the car. I’m recovering from an illness over the weekend that has hung on. Keeping it easy and short was a good call, feeling just a bit better today!

4 Likes

That was yesterday. Getting ready to ride and even windier today! From the airport about 30 minutes ago:

Some intervals on tap and no local Strava segments aligned with that wind, the horror! :scream:

edit: instead of getting better the gusts :wind_face::wind_face::wind_face: got worse. Made it 0.6 miles and was blown off the bike path 3 times. Abandon!

5 Likes

Did Bald Knob this morning and then some fun laps at the skatepark

7 Likes

Beautiful day in DC for Crane+1.

7 Likes

Where in DC did you ride? I work in SE and am thinking about bringing my bike into work to ride before or after, or maybe sneak away during lunch.

2 Likes

Have you done loops at Haines Point?

My kids skate and ride their bikes at our local skate park. Makes me want to pick up something like a BMX cruiser or dirt jump bike sometimes.

Quick lunch ride around the neighborhood loop. Felt good to get some sun today and ride outside. Windy but I still hit several PRs on some private Strava segments I set up.

3 Likes

Once, on a holiday in September, as part of a century.

1 Like