Where did you ride OUTSIDE today (2021)

And below sea level, if the elevation data is correct.

1 Like

Yeh I noticed that - I’m pretty sure that’s not correct looking at other rides I’ve done in the area (lots). Either Garmin or TR being weird. Garmin elevation only shows around 800ft of elevation gain vs 1196ft for TR :person_shrugging:

Looks like this:

:joy:

1 Like

I rode to the bike shop! Didn’t even wear lycra and still picked up some strava PRs :joy:
I also didn’t take my bike computer - just recorded it on my watch, and I guess when it auto-pauses it doesn’t actually continue to record HR data in the background?
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 12.47.03 PM

3 Likes

friends don’t let friends use auto-pause!

1 Like

Oooh, I didn’t know this. How come?

1 Like

Because we can’t see your HR increase when the LBS handed you the bill for the new shoes and cleats!

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Got some KOMs today! It’s actually one climb with KOMs for 2 segments (full and short). Was going out for just the shorter but ended up with both. And some more power PRs. After yesterday and today, definitely going for an easy Z1/Z2 ride tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.27.35 PM

6 Likes

It was our club’s turn to host the other local clubs for the Harewood League. It had been dry all day until about 4pm. Then the thunder storms started. One forecast said they’d finish around 6.30pm and it was only light showers after that. Fortunately it was right so I got out of the car at 6.30pm ish for a warm up but something never felt right when I was climbing the hill to the start. I ran out of time to find it though and once I started it didn’t seem bad. I found out later what it was. The wheel was rubbing, on the flat just barely but with a tiny bit of frame flex it was a bit worse. With the long drag up to the finish it burst, either that on the dirty wet road I simply p’tured. I got a TT power PB but that was probably my sat up rush to the finish, prior to that theres too much green/ yellow (z2/4). On hindsight I should have stopped and perhaps saved the tyre.

4 Likes

Another gravel ride this evening - 2x30 mins of sweet spot. This evening’s gravel was not as nice as yesterday’s. The entire climb and descent was riding on marbles. Makes for a very different riding experience vs. yesterday’s graded road surface. Good practice for gravel descending however!

8 Likes

Aimlessly trailriding for a few hours yesterday.
This area is super techy, no real climbs but also no real flats. And trails everywhere!

6 Likes

Yesterday was a holiday here in Switzerland (Ascension). The wife and daughter flew to the US, the boy was on his computer with friends, and I pretty much slept…the…entire…day. It was glorious. The mind wanted to get out but the body said, nah. Today, Friday, I went out to do the workout TrainNow gave me for yesterday. I will ignore that today TrainNow wanted to give me a different workout, Centennial -1, a 90min Threshold 3.0…. I did yesterday’s recommendation of Tower-4, a 90min Threshold 5.8.

The workout was supposed to be “a progression workout where each of four 16-minute steps increases the power requirement by 10%. The steps start at 70% FTP and finish at 100% FTP.” Traffic and terrain, even though this is as flat as it gets for me (a third of the ascent was the climb back up to the ridge and home), made a consistent power output a challenge. The four progression was really messed up.

Because FTP of 250 has clearly been too low and I haven’t retested, I manually bumped it up 5% to 262 yesterday. Interestingly, after the ride, my Garmin wanted to update my FTP to 264, so that was interesting. Now, if I could drop this extra 10kg (above my regular weight until 3yrs ago… and it’s not muscle), I’ll have a happy w/kg and climbs will be a big easier.

The route was clockwise around the lake (which I think is better than anti-/counter-clockwise).

It was 10C but sunny. A good day to be in the saddle.

12 Likes

This is not a remotely interesting ride, except it’s my first with a power meter. :grin: :tada: :grin:

11 Likes

:tada::clap::fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

In anticipation of Haute Route in 4 weeks time, I was looking for place, that isn’t Zwift, where I could accumulate a few meters of elevation without riding 200k.
With today being a holiday in Germany, I drove to a small mountain range around 2 hours from where I live. It’s called „Deister“ and really not famous.
It’s gravel/ MTB only and mainly inside a forest, so no real views or scenery to take epic photos of.
Still, was great fun and properly challenging.
„Komoot“ predicted the ride to take 5.5 hours (which I thought was a stretch anyway), turned out it was only 3:20h.
Next time I will plan a route that is closer to 100k and 3000m elevation gain.

That last photo is a segment very early on. I thought it would stay like that for the remainder of the ride, but was happy that this was the only Time i really had to grind.

13 Likes

My wife saw the baby fox pic and wants to know where was the mother fox?! She says that is the cutest pic ever!

2 Likes

No mother insight. I called up a local forester who said the animal was likely injured or ill. He brought it the local vet. I don’t know what happened from there.

3 Likes

Hmmm…. maybe I should pay attention more to the calendar and should not have stopped the TR plan. I should a) put in more road time on the hills and b) get a tow rope I can quietly attach to your bike at HR Crans Montana.

2 Likes

You’re gonna be there?
Very nice! We‘ll see about the rope though :joy:.

1 Like