Sunday had my first ride with the LBS team, one guy had to dip early so knowing that he upped the pace for everyone else
, I pulled when I could but there was a fair bit of climbing to do so couldn’t help much.
You made it halfway there! Maybe next time.![]()
Is that your sand castle? Did you do intervals with a child on your top tube (because that sounds like an AMAZING RIDE for everybody involved)?
My son and I built the sand castle over two days. You can see it from a km away!
The Shotgun seat was already on the bike as I was taking the little man for joy rides up and down the beach prior to the workout. I highly recommend the product.
I had him on the bike for the warm up. Mum wouldn’t have liked it much if I’d had him onboard for VO2 intervals at 35-40 km/hr ( bare foot and in board shorts).
I was wearing flip flops!
Gah all of that sounds incredible ![]()
Progression is the key. Next time try 100 m from the house ![]()
Im in North West England and preparing to ride in Calpe , Spain for two weeks as a CX base, but with a 60 mile championship road race the day after I return. So today was a 2hr 30 endurance ride, mostly zone 2, keeping the chain tight. About 8 mile from home i had a 1ml climb with a 14% section near the top..
I moved the TR workout ‘Carson’ as the club TTs were starting again. There’s no pusher off and the nerves in my feet are destroyed by the chemo. They’re coming back slowly but my feet are still a bit numb making clipping in a nightmare if I don’t get it right first time. I didn’t get it right but I still got a PB by 3s. My mate done the course at the same speed as me but was 16sec faster so I know what it cost me ![]()
This past weekend I went down to the Alps with a friend and a friend of his. Got there Friday late afternoon, we unpacked, grabbed the bikes, and went for a short ride up the mountain the hotel is literally at the bottom of. 1,239m elevation gain in just under 17km, a steady 240-250W for 1:20. The climb up was dry, but we got about 1/4 of the way down when the skies just opened up. That just absolutely, positively sucks when you’re doing 50-75kph and can’t see crap. I will say that you can pry my disc brakes from my cold, dead hands.
This was during the way up… we should have known…
Saturday was rainy the first half of the day, so we went for a hike up that same mountain. The weather cleared up a bit in the afternoon, so my friend’s friend and I went out and rode the next mountain over, stead 240-250W(1,000m elevation gain in 9.5km). At the top, he continued back to the hotel, and being the glutton for punishment I am, I turned around, rode down, and up once more with a bit more gusto.
Sunday was the long ride for the weekend. We rode to the Kaunertaler Glacier, great weather, with scenery that made the climbs seem half as short as they were. First climb was 1,000m, then the climb to the glacier was about 1,700m. We got back to the hotel with 150km and 4,000m under our belts. I had already toyed with going up the closest mountain again, which I ended up adding on (alone
). A day with 5,000m of climbing in 186km, loved every minute.
Here you can see the windy roads we climbed up
Awesome. The alps are beautiful. We don’t have many mountains like that in the US.
200% Tetons would ride again
Nice ride, @DwayneB!
Summer hasn’t really arrived here in Switzerland, so this was me after completing Ebbett’s as an outdoor workout this morning. In April, authorities issued a forest fire warning due to the very dry forests, which had the feel of late summer dryness. Well, maybe July showers will bring August flowers.
BUT, the reason for my post here is to see if anyone will be in Zermatt next weekend… or is interested in meeting up in Zermatt next weekend. I’m going up Friday afternoon for a Saturday ride on the gravel bike. It’s only 38 miles and I’m planning on at least two stops at restaurants. Some of the trails I’ve run a couple of times during the Zermatt Ultramarathon (only 45+km, ending at Gornergrat), but this will be the first in the saddle. I can bring a tow rope and attach it to your bike ![]()
And, anyone interested in a Lugano gravel/mtb excursion later this year?
Actually, very! When do you plan on making this trip? Are you going to do it on your gravel bike? Asking if my Hardtail is sufficient…


























