Where did you ride OUTSIDE today? (2019 & 2020)

Saturday’s workout was supposed to be Spanish Needle-3, but since rain was forecast for Sunday, decided to switch the days up, and go for a long ride instead. Started off at 6:15am, joined a friend for 3/4 of his 86km route, and had planned out a 170km loop for myself. Things were going well, it was cool in the morning, and it warmed up to about 28C, but with some decent cloud cover, so I wasn’t scorching. At about the 100km mark, I was feeling great, so I decided I’d get to cross off “ride 200km” that day from my list of “do sometime”. Ate 2.5 Clif bars, drank 3.5L of sports drink and 0.75L plain water, and just stuck to the Z2 pace for the most part. 2,050m of climbing, just under 7 hours in total, average of 200W and 29.6 kph. Felt like I had a good bit of gas in the tank when I got home. Of course, now the little voice in the back of my head says, “hey, that wasn’t too bad, let’s do 250 or 300 sometime!” Spanish Needle -3 followed the next day.

Very happy with the low decoupling, thought for sure it would be a worse since the temperature got up there in the second half, and I usually don’t do well once it warms up.

My friend is happy when I join, because I usually take quite a few pictures. Who doesn’t like pictures of themselves riding?

Took the bike path for a change on a section where I normally take the road. Sometimes it goes from nice and paved to occasional gravel stretch.