What's your fastest time up the Alpe du Zwift

I’m curious about how some people can have very different power profiles: I can do a steady climb quite well but i have the sprint of a 5 year old girl, for instance. So as a bit of fun it would be interesting to see what is the typical TR athlete’s fastest time up the Alpe du Zwift and what was your FTP or W/Kg at the time you did it?

I’ll start:
I did it recently in 43:54 @ 332W average. At the time my FTP was 317 @ 74Kg.

2 Likes

Sounds like your FTP was higher than 317 at the time.

12 Likes

58:59 at 228w (97% of FTP then, 94% of FTP as tested 10 days later) at 70kg

46:39 at 314w. My FTP was 315w at the time. I just tried to hold my FTP as long as possible and that’s what happened. I believe I was 75.5kg.

3 Likes

I just tried to check on strava and it looks like all my times have been wiped out (or the segment changed or something). I went under 50m in 2021 right before leadville. I can’t recall exact time but it was 305 watts at ~74kg. I think it was ~48minutes. It’s a solid route to do a fitness test and cofirm your ~1hour power.

2 Likes

41:25 at 397 W/85 kg which did hurt a lot. I had maybe the best legs of the season as I had break from hard training after the last race. Now I am a bit lighter, but I won’t try it before the season is done.

2 Likes

1:13:00.

I haven’t been up AdZ in nearly 3 years… maybe I’ll use next month’s free 25km and see where I land.

My time up the real AdH was 1:53, but I was doing touristy stuff along the way.

4 Likes

52 minutes at roughly 250W, 66/67 KG.

1 Like

59:40 but I’ve never done it not doing a TrainerRoad workout. I got this time doing Leconte which had a couple five minute rest intervals where you’re pretty much going nowhere.

1:42:00

I sometimes ride it during some endurance/tempo rides. I am to slow to make it <1:00:00.

i usually do alpe for long sweet spot efforts, recently did 276w for 49:48 as my best. @Gnome get in here with your time and put us all to shame!

38:52, alternating between Z3 and Z5 → 31.0 km Ride Activity on September 30, 2022 by Etienne B. on Strava

FTP must have been around 370-380 watts at 69 kg.

5 Likes

41:55 for 336w

2 Likes

41:44 322W - 16.2.20 FTP probably 310-315 at about 65-66kg.

I’d give my right arm for legs that good now. :joy:. I do think I could have got that under 40 minutes about 3-5 months later. I did 298w for two hours around that time.

3 Likes

I did the climb for the first time yesterday. I’ve been an off and on Zwift user for years but been doing more recently.

I ended up at 73 minutes. I didn’t kill myself. I was pretty much in tempo range and was concerned I’d blow myself up as I wasn’t sure how all the climbs would feel. So I’m certain I could shave off quite a few minutes in the future just with different pacing.

But just a fun workout for a Thursday after work.

2 Likes

Slightly tangential but I remember readiing that 4w/kg was ~=50m up AdZ? (obviously give or take slightly)

51:32 in December chasing the vertical metre goal for 2023. Was a tempo effort preceded by an endurance effort on the accelerate to elevate route.

Update to my pr above, now at 46:46

4 Likes

I think I ready something similar.

I’ll have to see how much time I can shave off with my next try by pushing a bit harder. I definitely won’t be pushing 4w/kg.

I’m not going to say I love long climbs on the real world but there’s a certain appeal to being able to just put your head down and grind away. No high crashing concerns, little concern with object avoidance. Just grind away

I’ve never done a flat out effort up it. I think I was just shy of the summit after a 2x20 high sweetspot/low threshold workout including warmup, but I’d need to go back through Training Peaks and look.

In theory, I can/could/have been able to hold ~270w for 50 minutes, but a) after Xmas the kg part of the w/kg isn’t quite where it should be :rofl:, and b) for a 50m flat out solo (without other competitors to motivate me), my head would definitely have to be in the right place!

1 Like