What workout did you do today? (2023)

It took all my will to get through that last over/under. I skipped the endurance there at the end… I wanted off.

10 Likes

This was my weekend. Had a hard (but mostly late) ride at the velodrome on Friday and an early morning run directing on Saturday so opted for a nap and endurance over threshold.

Got the threshold in on Sunday. That one was tough on the legs.

10 Likes

Last night:

This morning:

Turning the cranks with the time I have.

10 Likes

9 Likes

I had a great time doing Spencer -1 outside today while the warm weather lasts (50°F cloudy to sunny right as I got back to the car lol and will be 8°F in just a few days). This was my first time doing anything over sweet spot outside, and man it’s so much easier. 30/15s feel a good bit harder on the trainer in ERG. The only annoying part is needing to make sure you have enough space to finish the set without obstructions so I had to turn around after each set. That led me to losing track to which set I was up to and needing to do an extended ride back to the car lol.

11 Likes

Very well executed - great work!

1 Like

Thanks!

Easy endurance today, couple quick spins to get the legs moving.

I think I’m done until Friday with a work trip , but then I get to do some HARD efforts to see what I’ve got in me.

5 Likes

Opener after a week low effort endurance. Nothing planned so decided to ruin Tuesdays VO2Max effort with a short threshold today.

My hope is the 8min 102% intervals would not be too taxing. Guessing these are close, RPE wise, to the 5min 112% in Shir Kuh session Tuesday.

7 Likes

12km - Carpark run
Saturday evening I ‘found’ that the train carpark (which is empty in the evening and flood lit) is an exact 1km orbit. So ran the 1km to it, did 10 laps at a steady pace and 1km return. Was nice just to have somewhere flat to run outside, not worry about slippy muddy fields and stiles etc. Could just switch off and orbit!
No power data as I forgot the Stryd powerpod!

Vennacher -1
A day later than planned, Sunday I ended up getting back 5 hours later than expected from my Sons Kick boxing tournament up North and no condition to do workouts so late. So ended up shifting all workouts along and did this one last night. Much harder than expected, tired legs but got through it… one more week before rest week.

7 Likes

Missed a weekend workout and felt bad, but took an AiFTP upgrade on Monday and straight into my first longer vo2 session. Really enjoyed this format, heart rate nice and high but very achievable. Almost voted moderate but didn’t want too fast a ramp with new FTP.

If this progress continues hope to hit my preseason goal of 350.

10 Likes

Ooooph!

9 Likes

Ansel Adams +1 with 30’ of endurance added to start.

11 Likes

10 Likes

After some headwind home :frowning:

12 Likes

The first workout off a recovery week, Pettit was in my calendar today. I thought I’d make my commute represent it. I don’t think I executed it well though. The morning was into a stiff head wind so a little bit more of an effort than I would have liked. The PM was twilight and I thought I’d press on through the rural lanes before it was pitch black, and I got a bit carried away. Lol until, I got to the main road when I pulled out next to a car into the middle ghost island. Another car flashed us out, stupidly stopping on the main road at the bottom of a steep hill. The dozens of drivers behind weren’t impressed. So I pulled out quickly and heard a noise which I thought was my pass falling out of my jacket. Searched for it for a while before giving up. When I got to the station I took my glove off and felt the pass straight away. Lol, I hadn’t lost it after all and the noise I heard was probably just the car spinning through gravel :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Not sure if I have done this specific format of VO2 Max workout before with such long recoveries. Maybe I was doing it wrong as I felt the recoveries were excessive, I am sure there is a purpose to the format?

6 Likes

You could have completed this. Yes, probably, but at what cost? :mending_heart: It’s okay, there will be another opportunity.

7 Likes

“I got it. I got it. I got it. I ain’t got it!” —Brophy

Injured my back a week ago and was out of commission. Could have been worse, but gosh darn it if I wasn’t full of self-loathing. Felt good to resume training this evening, with Eichorn +2 on the docket.

Two steps back, one step forward…

11 Likes

Run Zwift Volcano hill Effort 8km/1hr
2km @ 7%
2km @ 8%
2km @ 9%
2km @ 6%

Total gain = 600m

Started to feel achilles hotspots on the 9% incline so decided against doing 10% for final 2km and dropped down to 6%…which felt flat!

No power data on this one as the Stryd powerpod doesn’t credit you with the extra power when running on an incline indoors. So I don’t bother collecting that data.

6 Likes