What workout did you do today? (2022)

Welcome to the daily workout thread for the 2022 season, first half.

Prior threads:

2 Likes

Three fools -2

Yeehaw I’m 1/1 in 2022

6 Likes

Big Mountain

Ended early due to time constraints. Interestingly, AT gave me full credit as if I had completed the full 3 hours. Seems to me that it should have given me credit for a 2.5 hour endurance ride (roughly 5.9 instead of 7.3).

11 Likes

Vladeasa to start the year :smiley:

7 Likes

Izaak Walton -2

I was happy to complete it. I did Mono on Christmas Eve and failed out. The two seem similar. I was able to get into rhythm on the later intervals and get through them without much trouble.

6 Likes

Ended 2021 and started 2022 with vo2 max workout. It was 4th vo2 max this week so I would say it was pretty tough time. But without much stress at work I have adsorbed the week pretty well. So it’s recovery time and repeat.

10 Likes

Ramp test. Got to start somewhere and it just seems appropriate to see where you are at.

5 Likes

Mazatzal - 2 x 16mins @ 102%
Bazinga!!

7 Likes

Decided on something unstructured. Watopia for an hr. Not pushing it. Irish coffee takes its toll.

3 Likes

I did dragon tail -1. It was tough but I hung in there.

5 Likes

First hard workout of the year and also the first VO2max-workout since long time. The overall effort was pretty easy (surpisingly so) but my legs were definately feeling it after all the sweet sweet sweetspot. Just the right kind of effort to kick off the year with!

11 Likes

Golgotha was competed today.

I don’t understand AT. I have nailed my whole week and they want make changes that make next week easier. Last 2 days were moderate ratings

7 Likes

Na na nan na AT made me do this!!!:muscle:

And i love my progression :smile::smile:

From this:

To this:

13 Likes

A bit of School Boy Error on tonight’s session, I had the trainer paired via BT and Ant + which on top of this morning’s 70miler was just too much. Edit: The unseasonable 14deg C in the garage last night with two small portable fans wouldn’t have helped but I can’t blame my fatigued all know that :upside_down_face:

It came the survey screen didn’t come up as I had no internet connection but it somehow came up with success. I had to restart TR to get it to upload properly. Once it did I marked it as Very Hard and gave the above para as a description.

5 Likes

1/1/22 - First TR ride of 2022, a wee bit of endurance

1/2/22 - Strength work in the new pain cave

4 Likes

I swapped out Sweet Spot Base Pt2 for the 6wk Polarised Plan.
Yesterday I did a double header: Brian Head indoors and Brasstown outdoors (in some heavy showers), here’s Brian Head.

Today I did the first VO2max workout of the plan - Sleeping Beauty, I actually brought it forward from tomorrow as I’m away then. Given a level of 2.2 I can see why - my HR spent all of 3 seconds in Zone 3! Three quarters of the workout it was in Zone 1. Kept a really good high cadence, only really dropping below 90rpm to stand to ease saddle pressures.

I have to say that the upcoming default VO2max workouts in the Polarised Plans are more like super-threshold workouts - 4mins at 106% isn’t exactly pushing it especially when you look at the threshold workouts - 16mins at 102%. Might be looking at alternates.

5 Likes

90 sec on/90 sec off at 120% of FTP This is part of a progression to get to 2 sets of 3 min on/90 sec off.*

7 Likes

Leg Day Completed.

First one in the new pain cave so happy camper.

Gonna pay for it tomorrow though!!!

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 6.36.53 PM

3 Likes

I was feeling great for some reason today so I was able to get in 2 harder workouts, one over lunch and one after work. :star_struck:

9 Likes

Screenshot_20220104-102212
sleeping beauty at 5 am

9 Likes