What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

Leconte today:

Did really well. This was hard and I felt it. This was also the last ‘hard’ week of SSB LVII: next week it’s Pettit etc, which I’m quite looking forward to. Then it’s Sustained Power Build… :fearful:

18 Likes

1x120min @ 90% (w/ 15sec @ >100% every 5min) to finish my 4-week SS block.

Sometimes you just gotta show those Blue Blocks of Doom who’s boss!

22 Likes

Doesn’t your trainer automatically put you out of tempo when a rest interval comes? I was thinking about doing something like this but didn’t know it was possible…

1 Like

Next step on my path to my 1st Ironman (which you can follow at http://www.instagram.com/klemen_suligoj)
Last week Longfellow 4h, today Excelsior 4:15
Untitled2

15 Likes

Ride in Resistance or Standard mode and you control power by gearing and cadence, just like on the road.

1 Like

I switch to resistance mode from erg just before interval ends, and recovery period starts. After a while you get to know what percentage of resistances matches a given power…I find 36% set on resistance in smallest gear at my normal cadence holds around 300w for me. When new interval starts you can either stay in resistance or switch back to Erg.

2 Likes

Today i did 3x20’ 90% on the flat road. I aimed 280-290w and felt pretty good.

My heart rate was too low and rpe was good and guess my ftp increased a little bit (on the third week of general build, 320w ftp, 180 max hr).

And on the flat road, raw watts really matter, I rode 3 hours with 225watt avg power (142 avg bpm) and the avg speed 34.5 with 6 flat long segment koms :smiley:

16 Likes

After a round of hill reps in the great outdoors yesterday, I was planning on doing endurance this morning.

This type of session gets me more motivated and I can watch some racing videos. Morning well spent, I think.

17 Likes

24 minutes @ 45kph. Nice! I love that feeling of sustained speed (only really get it on the TT bike).

2 Likes

A couple of very enjoyable hours spent this morning tapping out Polar Bear -3 whilst doing the Zwift Bambino Fondo ride. It was great to see my HR stay steady for the whole ride with hardly any drift. This completes the week of z2 so back to the final week SSBMV2 from tomorrow.

13 Likes

I just focused on power data and did not realized the speed. I guess i skipped the moment :smiley:

Had my eye on doing this since I joined TR.

16 Likes

I had Tallac +3 in my calendar today and did it on RGT’s Borrego Springs course. A bit frustratingly I got a lot of Wifi drop outs. It was maybe the snow or I had simply left it too late and the net was busier.

I’m not sure where my windsock got the weather from. It definitely wasn’t here, 1 deg and snow and Borrego looks warmer than the data. Perhaps it’s a night time temperature in Borrego, I thought it would be higher than that :thinking:
Screenshot_20210207-150038_Strava

13 Likes

No. I don’t use erg. I’m olde skool & use a wheel-on trainer (KK Road Machine). Bonus is the freedom to do whatever whenever. Anti-bonus is an exploding tire. :confounded:

1 Like

Long workout on the trainer today due to the poor weather outdoors.
Enjoyed the workout, legs good throughout and HR seemingly under control.

14 Likes

Finishing off my biggest ever week with my longest ever ride :grinning:

20 Likes

Huge!

2 Likes

First week of TBLV1 wrapped up, plus plenty of extras:

Today was another Andrews, not sure I’ll ever get used to these longer indoor rides but they’re fine with the right entertainment cued up:

Loving how I feel with 8+ hours this week.

15 Likes

Wright Peak -1. Felt like a long slog initially but got mentally easier towards the finish, as it meant getting closer to the end of SSBMV2 - plus, it’s National Yorkshire Pudding Day today, so the post ride nutrition was awesome, although not exactly ‘optimal’…

17 Likes

Spanish needle -1

5 Likes