What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

I have a ramp test later today and know that I’ve read about a workout that some folks like to do afterwards - can anyone remember what that workout is?

TIA!

1 Like

Taku?

2 Likes

If I could overlay an RPE line on the chart it would tell a different story for the last 20 minutes… :sweat_smile:

Back to the start for a new round of SS Base 1&2

17 Likes

Mary Austin +1?

The final pyramid wasn’t the most fun I’ve ever had on a bike…

18 Likes

Andrews today as I come to the end of my quasi-recovery week. Started to spend some time over the last few rides in the drops to develop my position in line with the in-workout text which kept things interesting. TDZ Stage 7: Longer Ride ticked off at the same time.

Tip: appears changing to a MTB in Zwift on the stage 7 course will prevent you from feeling like you are riding through tar!

13 Likes

Nothing special - end of recovery week ride. Ramp test on Monday.

Collins -1

14 Likes

Galena+1 - https://www.trainerroad.com/app/career/bobw/rides/102175406-galena-1

Today is really manky here in the north of England so chickened out of pushing the workout outside like I’ve done for recent weekends. I’ve only done Galena+1 once before, a year ago, and I’d bailed halfway through the final interval. Nailed it this time though :+1: even with a higher FTP but there was a bit of clock watching towards the end.

One recovery week coming up!

9 Likes

Mary Austin-1 was in my calendar today and I decided to do it on the grind up the virtual Stelvio. The mountain climb ended some where in the last long recovery so I kept the power semi high instead of recovering so the last down hill set took a bit of a battering. I just couldn’t pedal fast enough at that point :joy:

13 Likes

Wow. You extended Mary’s penultimate effort?!! By like 50 percent! That is amazing!

1 Like

2 x 30 @95% today

12 Likes

Wrapped up the first week after the Ramp Test in SPBLV with 4x15 @ 95-98% (aka Fish -2). No intensity reduction; no backpedals. Feel good about this one because I had heart palpitations last night and this morning. Cleared up around mid-morning and knocked this one out. The great thing about heart palpitations is that when you aren’t experiencing them, they really make you want to bury yourself on the bike.

Ok Garmin… :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Mount Goode was on the calendar for today, switched it out to something close to Mount Goode +3 instead, so 4x15 instead of 3x15. Tested BigRingVR today instead of using Rouvy, which lets me do a workout at the same time as the ride, so I didn’t have to use two apps like I do with Rouvy, and spared myself to work of combining *.fit files afterwards. I used 4 minute recoveries instead of 5, was a mistake on my part when I created the workout. Short hop off the bike after the first interval to run upstairs and grab the wireless keyboard I forgot. Last interval was tough, I toggled the intensity up and down a bit to break it up a little. I was really impressed by BigRingVR, too, going to try it out again tomorrow, but my first impression is that it beats Rouvy. I’ll probably use it all week, we have a cold front coming in, so the high during the day is going to be -6C to -3C until next weekend. :cold_face:

13 Likes

I’ve been doing similar with RGT. Sometimes letting RGT control the resistance other times TR :+1:

1 Like

15 minute warmup followed by Carpathian Peak +3 followed by Andrews. Extended the last interval of Carpathian through the 7.5 minute warm down beings that I was going into Andrews next and was feeling great.

13 Likes

Baxter.

No screen shot - but I nailed it :grin:

Happy with that.

8 Likes

Hunter

Nothing spectacular, just a solid sweet spot workout with a little bump up at the beginning and end. Really enjoying a break from higher intensities and not feeling physically and mentally crushed at the end of a workout.

17 Likes

Had a wobble during the longer stretch at 95% but got it done with a little motivation & distraction from the discord channel.

17 Likes

Had to cut Junction short today, the hard starts were no issue at all but the first block of 150% really got me. Last ride before this was Mitchell and also had to leave 2 of the final blocks behind. Needless to say I may need to start recovery week early, the short power stuff is definitely my weak spot and it showed this week

18 Likes

Started with Townsend and followed it up immediately with Boarstone +3. After Thursday’s melt down, today I felt like Superman!

14 Likes