What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

15 minute warmup followed by Wright Peak +2

12 Likes

Tallac today, and the end of SSBLV 1 is right around the corner. This felt good, third 15 min interval got tough toward the middle but by the end I was feeling good. I’m hopeful for a bit of an ftp bump on my next ramp test.

17 Likes

First workout of the year. Getting in more base miles.

Not exactly as prescribed.

15 Likes

It’s all about that base.
Fasted Tenaya, only black coffee before.
Nice and easy, slowly building the engine.

15 Likes

Last workout of my self selected mini block of Z2 - for those interested I chose, variations of, across the week and a half or so of; Echo, Beech, Beehive, Boarstone, Brasstown and Phoenix with a couple of free rides also.

I now feel ready for some intensity. SSBMV 2 starts next week. Perhaps Pettit tomorrow, intro ramp test Tuesday and off we go!

14 Likes

Baird Peak:

I am so happy to be done with Build, I can’t even tell you.

17 Likes

What else would a person do in a new year than the first workout of the first sweet spot base plan?

13 Likes

Ramp Test and a few seated sprints for my next 3 week training block

Hold me bro I’m scared

12 Likes

First long ride since arriving in France. 5hr of Z2 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

IME you can never be too cold on the turbo. Personal favourite is a wooly hat during the WU. Great work on Saint Elias – looks even harder than Kaweah!

3 Likes

Last ride of my rest week, some focus on aero positioning. Felt really good. Ramp test tomorrow is going to be interesting!

11 Likes

White +3 was in my calendar today for proper. I had done it last Sunday by mistake :joy:

Screenshot_20210103-174611_Chrome

11 Likes

Juneau to wrap up the week. A good sweat, but no hole digging. Was a welcome reasonable workout after Mills, Trojan and Carpathian Peak +2 this week. And I’m surely not one that’s going to complain about the long recoveries.

11 Likes

Week 3 of SSB2 HV done. 3x30 @ 85%, HR largely stayed at or below 150, so pretty darn easy for me, especially considering the 4x20 @ 90% yesterday. I’m crushing it

12 Likes

Pleased to get another FTP increase without feeling like I overplayed my hand, so to speak. This time +5W.

GPBHV left me pretty fatigued. Three full days off the bike, and I felt good going into this.

I feel like I can, and hopefully will, keep building power, but managing my weight is way harder. Despite more than doubling my kJ/week, I still weigh ~80kg. My resolutions are to lose some fat, and improve TTE and fatigue-resistance by

1- hydrating properly all day
2- going to bed early, by 11pm,
3- stopping the midnight snacks. This is a real issue for me.
4- adding 2-3hrs/week on bike before business travel likely resumes this Fall.

And, one resolution left over from 2020,
5- racing my first road race!

Happy New Year :tada:

14 Likes

Truuli -1 + Collins

Last day of recovery week in the middle of Sustained Power Build. Was finally feeling like I had recovered so it was time to add a little fatigue before starting the next block (I tend to do better that way). A few weeks ago in one of the threads on recovery someone posted about using openers for a small amount of intensity and suggested Truuli.

I did the two threshold intervals in erg mode, then experimented with standard mode for the VO2Max intervals, and to keep the intensity around 60% between them. It also made me focus on keeping the power on target (vice just suffering) and I might try it going forward.

13 Likes

Yesterday and today were Z2 sessions on the rollers.

1.5 hours yesterday (I tried to be good, temptation only got the better of me twice, briefly), Rouvy Ironman Kona 56km route (pretty boring)

Today was 2.5 hours. Rouvy again, Ironman Barcelona course this time, but I paid attention to the screen maybe 15-20 minutes in total, the rest of the time I just zoned out and listed to music, could have just stared at a wall, too. In the last hour, I changed gear every ten minutes or so, just to break it up a bit.

This week absolutely did not follow the TR plan, which was supposed to be a rest week, plan calling for 7 hrs and 277 TSS. With the Rapha 500, I instead ended up with 14 hrs and 771 TSS. 10 of those hours were Z2, so I guess that’s, uhh, ok. :joy:

15 Likes

15m Warmup then Antelope +5 with a modified 4th/middle interval (intensity) and modified last interval (added 5 minutes).

12 Likes

201 to go.
I nearly pulled the pin this morning. Glad I didn’t as my tired legs came good during warm up.

16 Likes

Mount Bear my longest TR ride yet. Mount Alice will add :15 next week to wrap up TB3 MV

16 Likes