What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

If using powermatch probably not. Thought you said you were using 2 different trainers which is why I commented.

Should have done Mary Austin -1, but short on time did -2. Managed to turn it up a bit - feeling strong after a big lunch (no booze).

Coach Chad instructed: ‘change the nature of your relationship with suffering’. Yup that’s Mary Austin in all variants.

13 Likes

3x20min efforts I love these. As much as the hurt I know they deliver.

6 Likes

Ready for that rest day tomorrow.

14 Likes

I see there is a thread about over-unders being really hard. I find that those ones aren’t very tough. It is the workout the following day that sucks the most because of the fatigue you bring into it from the over-unders. Such was the case with Eclipse today. In a vacuum, this is one of my favorite workouts, but with the fatigue of 5 weeks of SSBMVI it was a real test of will and discipline to not only get on the bike but to finish without any back pedals.

12 Likes

Ochoco (2h30 at 0.69 IF) felt tougher than I expected. Maybe it’s because of

• yesterday’s long run still in my legs or
  • i did it a bit harder 0.73 IF instead 0.69
  • the long time in the cold garage listening to podcasts. I know the same ride outside would have felt easy.
14 Likes

Ramp Test. Still basking in a solid test and FTP bump after completing SSB MV1, waiting for the dread of completing workouts at the increased FTP.

9 Likes

So… got some more sleep, did the coffee-supply trip. (ride 8-ish km; walk around the city discovering everywhere I intended to visit except the coffee place was closed - public holiday… derp!; ride home).

Umm… watch says I’ve done 319% of a day’s quota. Seems tomorrow may be a rest day. [The headwind on the return - mildly uphill overall - was annoying in civvies & with backpack]

images: training load (I find it feels like it overestimates, but… /shrug); ride in (8.3km), walk(3km), ride home(8.8km)

2 Likes

Just fancied a nice, warm TR hug to welcome me back to the training after my week off skiing. Homers Nose was spot on, although the first 10-15 minutes were certainly more challenging than they should have been… :rofl:

12 Likes

Sart of SSBII , Ebbets. Normally ramp test but upped my FTP manually from 278 to 280 this time .

5 Likes

Tray Mountain -2. Did this yesterday after my gravel race on Sunday. Ouch! Had to alter it from 1:30 mins to 1hr. Glad I did it tho and now into my well deserved rest week!

6 Likes

Tout de Zwift Stage 4 - a pretty good test of my training plan so far. Holding 105-110% of FTP during sustained periods is now quite feasible, both physically (HR does not go through the roof) and mentally (ability to endure the pain). Quite happy with the outcome.

8 Likes

Carillon today.

Have to say it went pretty well and easily, specially compared to the same workout a month ago, when I had to backpedal and lower intensity (even with lower target power to begin with).

11 Likes

Didn’t know you too were also in Fort Worth! Do you ride with any shops or clubs?

2 Likes

@SamMose was visiting family for a couple days, after a business trip to Austin.

1 Like

Gotcha, glad you were able to enjoy some of our trails! Theres a master plan to connect the Trinity Trails with Dallas trails to go from Benbrook to Dallas without touch road.

1 Like

Dade+1

Some more VO2 max, and finally a completed workout. Legs were burning lots, but determined to get back on track. Back has been giving me grief all day but the climb up ADZ along with focussed breathing made me forget about it for an hour. Paying a little for it now though but happy that its the first time in weeks I’ve compeletd a workout, roll-on next one!

13 Likes

always surprising to me how a 20sec effort can get the heart rate above threshold!

9 Likes

A trail connecting Fort Worth and Dallas would be awesome! A few years ago I did this on an MJ Specialized Tarmac rental:

Emily Newsom’s husband dialed in the fit on my Allez Elite on Thursday, I see she topped the woman at TCM on Saturday and had a top 20 overall. Always enjoy talking to the crew at MJ, great shop and only 10 minutes from where I stay. Next time I’ll rent a XC mountain bike and hit more of the gravel / horse trails on the north side of the Trinity, on the way to Gateway Park. Hoping to get back within next 6 months.

4 Likes

Bashful +1 with extra 15min. cool down. This was hard! Glad no one could see or hear this effort. :grinning: Had to get out of the saddle for about 10 seconds in the final two intervals to keep the legs turning. These are the workouts I struggle with the most. Hopefully, they will pay off later.

12 Likes