What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

Dade +1. After 4 weeks of sustainable power workouts I needed something different, hence VO2 max workout. Like all others vo2 quite easy - so a little, short pain (2,5 min) and relief x9. The only sad thing is that power target of these intervals is my dream ftp target in the future and it does look sketchy :wink:

20200127_202047

10 Likes

Put long ride at start of week.
Found the last 15mins challenging. Still way of fitness

11 Likes

First swim since May 2018. Was pretty brutal but it is a start. Traveling and hitting the peloton later since the hotel has one to mimic Pioneer.

9 Likes

Mary Austin -1 and some endurance work. All good!

15 Likes

Antelope +2 outdoors

I made a discovery yesterday. I found a road that is pretty perfect for intervals; very few cars, pretty consistent grade, and happens to be very very pretty. I’m definitely going to be bringing my 10-15 min interval days there when I can. I followed this up with a quick mountain bike loop with a great technical descent right back to the car. Love the ability to push workouts outside.

15 Likes

After 15 minutes in I thought, “why does it feel like my trainer isn’t reacting to the power changes. Oh it’s not plugged in.”

14 Likes

I felt the same way today, only my trainer was plugged in. It was just hard. :grinning:

2 Likes

Back to SSB MV. I tried a seated sprint at the end of the last interval, but the Kickr didn’t record the power. I use power match with my Assioma pedals, but I had inadvertently switched to cadence only, so the power recorded up to the last 30 min was just Kickr.

12 Likes

I don’t yet have a trainer. But the lack of power requirement has me looking at the Tacx Bushido [smart].

Today is a rest day for me. No workout. Legs are feeling ‘eager’, but I’m sure they’d change their tune if I put some effort to them.

wake up legs after biz trip last week

15 Likes

Dade -1 today. Should have been +1 but I knew that wasn’t in my locker and this being my first week back, I cut myself some slack. Boy am I glad I did! The final 30 seconds of the final interval was something else. Think I ate my own tongue :rofl:

14 Likes

Last night’s fail. Pettit coming up tonight.

9 Likes

Did Kaweah yesterday evening.

That was indeed a BI*CH!!
Felt like I was going to vomit lactic acid at he end of the 2 last intervals.

14 Likes

Ramp because I thought maybe I was back to pre-Christmas fitness (which was the same as late-September fitness). Not quite:

(Those timings will look funny, I futzed with the FTP to try to stay a little more blind than usual. It was 130 → 139.) I am thoroughly failing to summon the discipline to keep pushing at the end, and I regret it every single time, and then I do exactly the same thing the next time.

Anyway, followed the ramp with Baird -3 to make up for skipping Bluebell today:

That one shook a cough loose by the end, so hopefully I haven’t relapsed into whatever that cold/flu/sickness I had was. :woman_facepalming: Need to find my inner Amber: progress is not linear, progress is not linear, progress is not linear

13 Likes

It amazes me that people find the discipline, lungs and legs to do such a workout after the ramp test.

Mine is usually followed by Taku or Taku-1 and I am glad when I have it all over with.

7 Likes

Taylor -2. Was quite easy today, not sure why, felt tired going into it. Watching MvdP destroy the field in the last round of the CX series (Kasteelcross Zonnebeke) might have helped.

13 Likes

Heh, I think disappointment fuels me in these scenarios. Fine, you can’t keep it together for the ramp but you can damn well do 10 freaking 60/60s at most people’s recovery watts. (Not an example of healthy self-talk, do not recommend.)

4 Likes

Dropping to 65% ftp straight after the final interval is some kind of cruel joke…

15 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same thing! :exploding_head:

6 Likes

I cannot imagine doing vo2 workout after ramp test. Congrats.

4 Likes