What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

Nice and love the notes in your workout section.

1 Like

Just over 3 hours of zone 2 outside with friends - with a few sprints up the hills…windy but the Sun was out - great to get outside in the UK after back to back weeks of 2 hour SS on a Sunday which was tedious! - enjoyed that :grinning:

7 Likes

Did Bluebell yesterday. It was my second VO2 max workout but was able to hit the prescribed levels much better than my first one, even after 5 days off the bike with work travel. This one still was a real challenge though, sweat was pouring.

14 Likes

a “too short to matter, but ugh that headwind” casual ride, and a longer one “cancelled”. Both when I should have been fed and in bed by a couple of hours. :-\ [and that didn’t work out the best - 3hrs of disturbed sleep and continued discomfort. Nothing major planned for Monday, though - I’ll take it easy for a coffee-supply run about equiv to today’s cancelled.]

3 Likes

Nice little trail run today. Trying to sub road for trails this year whenever possible. Harder but also a lot more fun. Most of the time I ignore the pace due to the hills but when I do a 10k on the road I see how much I am improving.

11 Likes

Baxter -1 as an easy extra workout for the SSBLV1 block of my plan

Felt quite tired after a TR-workout & gym (mostly deadlifts) combo from yesterday.

13 Likes

Two words to describe this workout “simply brutal”.

First time I’ve ever done VO2 Max O/U’s, engine was just about under the red line but the muscles simply didn’t have anything left.

Had to take a 30 sec break in interval 4 and 1 min break in interval 5 to get the session done at 100%, but all in all I was reasonably pleased I made it deep into INT 4 before the legs said no, for a first attempt.

14 Likes

Antelope +5 seems to be my normal Sunday ride. 651 tss for the week so I’ll take it

9 Likes

Kaweah… Unfortunately, I was not able to finish… The new FTP, not enough recovery from an intense Saturday. It’s just not my day.

I don’t feel like reducing the workout % to finish the workout. I will just give it another shot in the next few days to see how it goes.

10 Likes

80 days in a row today - the streak is alive…

Bit too wet to ride trails as is normal weekend practice so did custom workout 5 x 15 min intervals at VT1 (180w)

14 Likes

Antelope +2… all the intervals in the drops… felt pretty good, until the last one… :wink:

14 Likes

Ochoco:

Nate said on the podcast that if you have a long target event, the long Z2 rides listed as alternates for weekend sweet spot rides are actually better, so I subbed this one for Hunter. Continuing to fiddle with intensity and heart rate, cough seems to finally be gone. Might do another ramp on Tuesday.

The saddle on my trainer bike is definitely not up to rides this long. Yeowch.

15 Likes

Tallac +3 for me to end the week. Tough towards the end, but ok. Two weeks to go, and then off to Lanzarote for two weeks, and hopefully lots of outdoor riding in the sunny weather to come. :+1:

15 Likes

Tallac +3 here too. Last 2 intervals were fairly tough after a bit of travelling over the weekend (straight after MA), not to mention this was fuelled on a McDonald’s for lunch :flushed:

14 Likes

Clarence King -1

Back pain worse on trainer today and last interval left knee started aching. Only had breakfast before this late afternoon session so fuelling not good ether. Regardless of struggles I completed the duration and some vo2 max in there somewhere!

13 Likes

I away on business for the first time in a while so brought my bike and Feedback Omnium to the hotel.

Tried to do Clark -1 this afternoon but the heat build up felt awful compared to when I train at home (even with a fan on). I bailed out and called it quits after 35 mins.

At home I have an Elite Direto and haven’t failed a workout like for a long time. I did Baxter -2, Baird and Tallac -1 on the Direto this week without a problem.

Has anyone else felt this when doing a workout in a hotel? I’m thinking I might be better travelling with the Direto over the Omnium in future

1 Like

A light one today. Tired starting and getting on the bike wasn’t easy. The work itself wasnt so bad (naturally enough looking at it). Now officially into a recovery week so a chance to feel a bit less tired and get ready for the next ramp.

10 Likes

Tallac +3 as well. Run afterwards.

12 Likes

Maybe the ftps are different based in the trainer. That would be my guess first.

Would that still be a thing if I’m using the same power meter?