What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

I participated in a cycling and nutrition study at a local university program. It was a 1hr at lactate threshold (via the old Velotron). I would estimate my TSS to be around 70.

2 Likes

This was a couple weeks ago but first MTB ride of the year out here in NYC. First ride with a power meter as well. My upper body is way out of shape but I havenā€™t been this fit this time of year or maybe ever, at least since Iā€™ve been back on the bike. The proof is in the pudding. Thanks TR!

4 Likes

Augusta - urgh.

Bad news: didnā€™t really finish this, did I?

Good news: Powermatch on the new Neo and Stages L crank felt great!

6 Likes

First time doing over unders with new ftp. 3x20min felt good!

4 Likes

4x5min low cadence zone 3 followed by 4 10sec max sprints with 50s recovery between.
Iā€™m racing on Sunday.

3 Likes

It was ok, short run and kickboxing later in the day

Desperate for good weather this weekend to get outside. Heavy rain predicted sat and Sunday so far

2 Likes

First big grassfire of the season was yesterday and as a result I was lacking my usual oomph today. Bribed myself out onto my run with the promise of an outdoor ride instead of Pettit.

Planning to do my brick tomorrow outdoors too.

1 Like

i donā€™t have a smart trainerā€¦ But I did notice a big difference when I changed my smoothing to 2 seconds, I really kept the power closer to the target the whole time. Since I do a lot of shorter power efforts, having a longer smoothing time made it hard to see if I had hit my target early on in the interval and I noticed that my power line was much smoother in all of my workouts afterwards.

1 Like

I was supposed to do whiteface -1, but I am racing tomorrow and want to have a productive week next week so opted for Baxter instead.

I know some people say to train through a C race, but as I had mentioned earlierā€¦ I donā€™t want to bury myself, as I want to go really hard tomorrow on the bike, but still hit my targets for my goal workouts next week.

3 Likes

openers ride before Iowa WInd and Rockā€¦340 miles of gravel, starts tomorrow at 4am! Not sure an openers ride is needed, lol, more like riding out nervous energy. No rain no rain no rain!!!

3 Likes

amazing weather here today, so the plan was to go out for an hour and supplement my base training with some easy riding. ended up with 90tss in that hour.

1 Like

Compared to November:
Avg Power +21W
+116 kJ
Avg HR -5bpm
Max HR -3 bpm

4 Likes

Went for a ride outside . 140 km, the other Guys I was riding with were really surprised how good I was compared to last summer , Haha trainerroad Works !!! Thanks to the Great community here and the workouts :wink::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

5 Likes

I did Merced +1 but had been dealing with an upset stomach all day. Got through 5/6 intervals but had to call it a little early due to nausea. Still figuring out how to fuel properly.

1 Like

Rode Eclipse today, each ride seems to get harder than the previous one, but only by a tiny amount. Really enjoying the TR approach.

1 Like

Attempted the outdoor version of Cumberland on the TT bike. There was a brutal crosswind which took up most of my mental energy and I ran out of road on the third interval but I had fun :slight_smile:

Then a brick run.

4 Likes

McAdie - still at my dropped FTP. Iā€™m having a mini training camp over the Easter weekend. Weather was lovely today but with running a Learn to Row course this morning and not getting back home until after 4pm I ate and then trained indoors.

Iā€™ll be running the rowing course again tomorrow but should be able to get home a bit earlier and try to get some road miles. If not, then sweet-spot.

3 Likes

Mary Austin -1. Blew up at the end of the 5th set. Cramps in the calves, pain in the knee - Iā€™m not used to train I the afternoon, Iā€™ll blame it on that.

2 Likes

I miss rowing! Would love to be out in an 8 again.

1 Like

I had to give this one a try just to see what all the fuss was about. :joy:

2 Likes