What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Nice! and here I am hoping to finally break 5 W/kg lol

2 Likes

The only way I could get close to that sort of number would require major surgery to remove body parts.

4 Likes

Getting close to 5w/kg is still a huge achievement and probably makes you better than 90% of cyclists in the world.

Only need one kidney right? I’m sure there’s someone trading on the black market who’d be happy to help.

1 Like

Lion Rock +1

This was after doing English +4 yesterday, made for a tough weekend

4 Likes

According to this post by Nate 5W/kg is more like top 97%.

3 Likes

Ramp test.

Finally broke the mythical 300 barrier at 302 FTP and 3.83 w/KG :metal:

I know it’s not super impressive in the scope of what other’s here put out – but for a 44 year old guy who was ‘off the couch’ a few years ago, I’m pumped.

Goal is to hit 4W/Kg by my 45th birthday in early July. I’m convinced my “true” FTP is 305 - 307 … because I took the test today after a week long spring break vacation with my family (and all of the associated non-rest) where I recreationally mountain biked 4 times in 7 days. But…fuck it…I’ll stick with 302. I earned what I tested.

Vo2 tomorrow. Live intensity :fire:

13 Likes

Did a mountain bike ride in the afternoon and was looking for a little more. This is a good alternative to Petit and other steady endurance workouts. The text in this one focuses on carrying a slower cadence for climbing.

3 Likes

I did Mary Austin (indoors on the trainer) on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. What was I thinking? It was really hard, but with a bunch of bargaining with myself, I was able to get thru it… Easter Sunday was an “easy” group ride for “dirt church” at some local private trails

2 Likes

1 Like

Just a gentle leg spinner today

1 Like

attempted Iowa Wind and Rock on Saturday; made it 195 miles, then di2 died. Maybe a blessing in disguise. 700 tss in one day has me with a fever now!

https://www.strava.com/activities/2306179496

2 Likes

My 1st ever!

FTP test outside, coggan protocol. Replaces ramp test because I am not doing indoors.

Haven’t done one in like 5 years or so, and was about 7 or 8% below my PB from 2014

Was too conservative, my power in last 5 mins was probably over 300, the 20 min avg was 287

I loaded my ftp as 272, I will see how the workouts feel, I suspect better pacing would have resulted in over 290 for sure, but hard to say for sure how much more. I haven’t ridden much at all this year (Canada :joy:)

1 Like

Just finished Rattlesnake. This has been on my todo list to try out for a while. Power was still a bit off after fixing my trainer, and haven’t done another ramp since. Took about half the workout to settle in on the exact right workout intensity for this one. Started too easy, then the 2nd set went a bit too hard, before dialing it back a little later in the 2nd set. That felt spot on though. HR held just over 90% of max once I found the right power.

3 Likes

Big congratulations. I wouldn’t bet against you reaching your goal either :wink:

1 Like

Another of my ‘tweaked’ workouts. Think I shortened the rest intervals slightly. Not my smartest decision :laughing:

Completed on a diet of chocolate Easter eggs and general unhealthy eating. It’ll be a while until I come back to this session, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Ramp test today . After switching from MV Build to LV Base( because of the newborn) i still had a 5 w increase so i am happy ! now back to LV Build

1 Like

Swim 2000m

WU 100m @ 2:01/100
1x 1900m @ 1:45/100

Had to stop to empty goggles, unfortunately got one very red eye today out of it.

2 Likes

I managed to get in Tunnabora early before work this morning (I do almost all my training at 6am). After 3 days basically digging and heaving in my garden it was harder than it looked on paper. Week 4 of SSBLV1, first time completing structured training. Pleased with my workouts so far.

3 Likes