What type of sunglasses are you guys wearing?

Glasses can serve different purposes. Today only for eye protection when descending from the passes. Currently they are clearing all the storm damage, this means roads are extremely dirty and there is a lot of truck traffic. Nothing worse then getting something in your eye when descending at high speed. That’s why I like varioflex glasses, can be used in non-sunglasses light, as well.

Apologies for the confusion and for not being detailed enough. I’d better remove the picture, not that I confuse more people.

I was joking (badly), my friend. I was trying to point out that your sunglasses were upside-down on your helmet, but, like most of my jokes, it failed to be funny :frowning:

1 Like
  • POC Do Low. These are my main pair for sunny days.
  • Adidas Zonyk Aero Pro. These are my low light glasses and they are superb functionally and fit wise.
  • Rudy Project Sensor. Got these just recently so haven’t yet tried them while riding, but they seem high quality.
  • Ray-Ban RB4147. Okay, these are a bit too heavy to use, but work well otherwise.
  • Oakley Holbrook. Non-polarized bottom of the range model, but still decent. Light weight for cycling and do their job well enough, although sometimes I do feel the wind and the dust in my eyes.
1 Like

I do a ton of miles in my Wayfarers

1 Like

First was a set of prescription Bolle’s… then I got Ruby Project something or other… separate inner glasses… ok… not really that happy… and now Oakley FLAK 2.0 XL MATTE BLACK

Love them!

2 Likes

100% Speedcraft. They’re a bit ‘loud’ for my general liking, but the coverage is good, build quality and lenses are good and sweat runs off the inside of the lenses better than the various Oakley’s I’ve had in the past.

Previously, my favourite glasses were the Oakley Radarlock XL.

I only ended up moving away from Oakley’s after I wanteded glasses that; had no frames at the bottom (sweat always pools here if there is a frame) & were fairly in large size (to match my face/head). I didn’t like Oakley’s EVZero range, so moved away from Oakley to look for something else.

After a few thousand k’s with the 100%, I think I prefer them to my old RadarLocks…

1 Like

I tried that and couldn’t get it to work. Weight wasn’t as big a deal as the top of the frame obstructing my vision was. Plus it’s impossible to put them on my helmet when climbing, so they got covered in sweat.

Sure, I can see that. I pretty much never put my glasses on my helmet so not a consideration for me.

One thing is for sure… i wear mine wrong. With helmet strap over/outside frame instead of inside. Yet another reason to tease the tri geeks.

But yeah, jawbones or whatever they call them now.

I do that, too. I have no idea why you would do it the other way, because then your glasses would move everytime the tension on your straps changed.

I hope that, one day, someone will say “hey that’s against THE RULES” so I can throw a full bottle of energy drink at them and shriek “EFF YOUR RULES!”. One can dream.

Yeah, main reason is so i can take my helmet off while glasses stay on. I prefer this even when I’m not transitioning to a run. so to me, everyone else is doing it wrong.

1 Like

So they fly away from your face in the event of a crash.

B-B-B-B-B-But I want them to stay on! To protect my beautiful peepers!

2 Likes

Jaw breakers. Prism lenses :ok_hand:t2:

Going to get some photocromaric lenses asap. Smith pivlock look good too

Every year I buy half a dozen sets of fake* wayfarers on ebay for £2 each as I invariably lose them, sit on them, break them in other ways.

Honestly, you guys brave enough to spend £100 on a set are a different breed!

1 Like

Can we go back a few decades and see the flying goggles again?!

1 Like

Oakley Flax 2 XL’s with prescription Prism road lenses. Not cheap, but absolutely awesome and well wort every penny!

1 Like

100% Glendale.

I like the retro look. Which makes them more resistant to fashion changes.
Also the possibility to change lenses easily is a plus.

Tifosi here as well. I actually just retired an inexpensive pair (can’t even recall the brand at the moment) that I’d had for 5+ years. One of the nose pieces finally came off and I figured it was time to upgrade. Interchangeable lenses are key for me, especially with mountain biking because of the varying shadow conditions, so that was my only real functional requirement. Other than that I like the blue tinted lenses and white frame–looks cool and matches my kit. :slight_smile:

Years ago I bought a somewhat expensive pair and lost them almost immediately during a muddy, wet mountain bike race. I swore to never buy expensive glasses again after that.

After having my $232.00 Jawbones stolen I decided to give the knockoffs a try.

Both pairs I got via AliExpress. The Jawbreaker I bought a year ago and they’ve been fantastic. I compared them to my friends and we couldn’t find much of a difference. (hard-shell case and 5 lenses)

I paid $14.58 for the Jawbones with free shipping. Order arrived in 3 weeks.

The Flight Jacket version I bought a couple weeks ago. I paid $14.37 and they arrived in under 2 weeks. They’re branded as Oakley. (hard-shell case and 2 lenses) As mentioned above the Flight Jacket nose piece isn’t as comfortable as the Jawbones.

They’re great! I have no concerns about theft or damage, I’ll gladly drop another whopping $14.58.

Jawbones

Flight Jacket

7 Likes