What’s your training ’stuff’ that eats training time?

Getting my sock height to be exactly the same on both legs, making sure there are no creases in my kit

1 Like

If you tattoo your socks, it’ll save you so much time…

2 Likes

Kinda have my routine nailed in having everything organised the night before. It’s a bit of must do for morning workouts - so kit laid out, carb bottles mixed and in fridge ready to go (water already on the bike this time of year). Post ride smoothie done the night before and in a shaker bottle ready to glug.

For weekend spins, I tend to do the same - bike options ready to go the night before, drink bottles mixed, food ready.

If at home with TV, I pick what to watch during the warm up, but would generally have an idea in mind - Narco’s Mexico S2 for netflix, or eurosport player (more limited choices this year than normal obviously).

If on the hybrid rollers it’s either spotify/ podcasts/ radio (at the moment so I’m abreast of COVID19 for work).

I don’t have the training time to not be organised to be honest, with family and work commitments!

1 Like

One is Malwarebytes - which our IT guys have on all our machines. I can’t recall the other, but it is right there as well.

I’m currently a student, so my motivation for choosing entertainment quickly is that if I don’t pick something in 5 minutes I have to rewatch course material for revision.

2 Likes

I hear ya. I have learned to keep a backup entertainment source to cope with tech failures. E.g., direct HDMI cable from my laptop to TV so I can at least watch Youtube if my streaming box decides it doesn’t want to work right as I get on the bike.

I guess if my entire wireless network goes down I’m hooped, but so far so good.

I usually fire up my computer and TR the night before, make sure there are no updates to install, install them if there are, then leave it on and plugged in overnight. For me, at least, this has greatly reduced the technology delay on time to turning a crank.