Hi! So took a hard look at my past training weeks and realize how much ”training related stuff” I do that takes away actual training time. My calc is that I could fit in maybe 1-2 hrs more per week - IF I had everything super organized/simplified and was mindful about the constant time thieves. Maybe not fit in many new sessions, but add 20-30 mins here and there.
Which are your worst ’leaks’?
I have some obvious ones
- Messing with tech, couple of 10 minute bouts per week, cant find airpods, forgot to change battery in HR strap etc etc
- Browsing for equipment deals and/or reading about advantages of some purchase (Next% type) when I could be training
- Fiddling with ’aero improvements’ on bike, comes in periods, some weeks 1-2 hrs
- Sitting down for 20-30 mins after some workouts to look at session data
- Taking 5-10 mins to find the right entertainment before ride (choosing Netflix episode etc)
It all adds up! So depressing to realize! All that time lost gaah! What if it was possible to ’just train’?