TR, How about sharing some of that big data?

Trainer Road is almost certainly sitting on a mountain a pretty substantial training data. I think it’d be really interesting to see how the user base stacks up as a whole.

For instance:

1. Out of all the Trainer Road users, what percentage are at 1-2w/kg, 3-4w/kg , 4-5w/kg, etc. Broken down by age groups and gender.

2. What’s the average max heart rate during VO2 max workouts, Broken down by age groups and gender.

3. What percentage of Trainer road users, are low, mid, high volume, or just pick workouts as they go.

4. Average weekly TSS by age group and gender.

5. I could probably go all day, but you get the idea.

I mean, there’s a ton of stuff that would be pretty cool to see. Not sharing any individual data of course, but the aggregated data would be really cool. It’s easy to feel like everyone on here is a 4+w/kg beast who rides 20 hours a week, the way people talk on the forums. But I’d love to see how everyone is actually stacking up.

1 Like

Haven’t seen this forum post?

3 Likes

nope, guess i was searching with the wrong terms. Thanks! I’d love to see more of this kind of stuff, broken down by some demographics.

TrainerRoad can do what they want with the data, and I’m sure they’re actively using it to make us faster. But unless I’m missing something that thread provides a small window into all the ways that the TR data set could be sliced analyzed.

It would be cool to see a 2020 year in review, Spotify style.

Kind of similar to the suggestions you made but with “hours ridden”, “Ramp tests taken”, “workouts failed” etc. etc.

2 Likes