What else are you doing besides riding?

Working from home but I’ve rediscovered chess with some great online platforms which are free and offer games against players at your or slightly higher level.

Given the dire news I’m listening to music more, cooking new recipes and er drinking too much red wine.

And appreciating the art of good conversations with family and friends.

1 Like

Wow!

House projects, cooking good food, petting the dog, and being more disciplined with my strength and endurance.

I’m working full time remotely so I didn’t gain a ton of time back, but at least I’m no longer commuting and wasting an hour every day doing that.

• Sick right now so I can’t really train, but finally cleaned up the basement bike cave (it had been in dire need of it for like 6 months)
  • Started working on my project car, after it has sat staring at me to do something with it for the past year…
  • Been doing a lot more reading, as I stocked up on books before I went on lockdown.
  • Trying to be creative and cook new and interesting things, I’ll probably take my first stab at bread later this week.
  • Trying to be better at connecting with people whom I haven’t talked to in a while

This whole situation is weird for me because I’ve been working from home full time for a couple of years now (and before that only commuting a couple of times per week) so a lot of this is my normal day to day stuff. I get up, have my coffee, get my son his breakfast and work and ride my bike during the day. My wife is a school admin and is involved in calls all day so I can do a lot with my son as far as schooling goes.

I’ve been doing my python/django programming between all this, which is slow for me, but it’s fun
I got my nearly 9 year old son to ride a bike without training wheels and he now enjoys riding when before he just hated it.

Besides that, I’ve made a couple of grocery store runs. So aside from having people at home with me, my routine is fairly intact.

2 Likes

I’m in the WFH crowd also (work for a software company), so I’m still putting in the work hours. Also have grad school (online MBA) to keep me busy. Apparently I’ve been living the self-isolation life for a year now, just didn’t realize it til last week.

2 Likes

I like playing and cuddling with the cats

Onward is coming to Disney+ in two weeks.

2 Likes

It’s quite the opposite of an activity, but I’ve been doing 30 min power naps everyday! As I have more time to train (thus more weekly tss accumulated) and I’m in the comfort of my own home, these naps come in handy and feel really nice.

2 Likes

Oscillating between sheer anxiety and calmness.

Also I’ve been tearing up my backyard. Expecting my first born in 6 weeks so I want to have the backyard at least down to bare bones before he’s born.

Also teleworking.

Also obsessively reading the news.

Also practicing EXTREME willpower to not grab a drink early in the day.

1 Like

I’m WFH, my wife has suddenly had to learn how to be an online science teacher, and my kids are doing online school. Also, we had a toilet leak that finally getting fully resolved after two months. For whatever reason, I feel sheepish getting on the trainer in front of the tile guys, so I have lost some flexibility.

We have too much screen time as a family, so I am planning on pulling out some board games. Maybe I should order Risk…

2 Likes

Yeeeaaah, that’s the perfect game to enhance family bonding. Good luck! :laughing:

1 Like

Working on the van. We are finally ready to put up the ceiling and the wall panels.

10 Likes

they look cute and equally judgmental

1 Like

Lol thank you :cat2::cat2:

Work. :smirk: From home, which means no commuting, but it’s been busy so far.

Yep, same here. Workout from 7-8am, shower and at my desk by 8:30am. Have been wrapping up about 6:30pm or so each day after answering tons of questions, working on communications, gathering data… and trying to keep my usually duties on track. Really need to set a timer and get up out of my chair more often, I sit so much longer at home than I do in the office.

I’m beat, but grateful to have a good job and the ability to work from home. Totally understand how good I have it and my best wishes go out to everyone that’s struggling with health or due to the economic impact.

Spending more time learning Japanese. It’s a right struggle, but I’ll get there!

1 Like

I’ve been doing youtube tennis lessons with my 9 year old.

In a week he’s gone from whiffing the ball and hardly being able to hit it, to having a decent forehand and being able to rally a little bit on a full court.

We will be moving to the backhand next.

Fortunately, I’ve been able to ride almost every day lately but the timing has been irregular. My wife was off last week and today she got off early.

I’m going to take what I can get because I’m probably home schooling the 9 year old for at least a month.

2 Likes

Staying a little later due to no commute but pretty much all day conference calls now which sort of sucks in a way but happy I still am working.

Besides the above cleaning out some boxes in the basement, learning more patience when it comes to being a teacher for my 3rd grader, started a project to grow some micro greens like basil/mint, etc via hydroponics, and waiting for it to stop raining so I can ride my new bike outside. I don’t mind the trainer at all just would rather be outside riding or running.