What do people do with old / worn out bibshorts?

Doing 5 or 6 trainer rides a week, I need the good stuff ON the trainer.

4 Likes

Trainer bibs

I use them on the trainer. If you have a seat that fits you well the chamois shouldn’t matter too much.

I’m only using old bibs for short rides and workouts, around 45 minutes or less. One four year old pair have been used so much they are ready for the DIY water ballon launcher project :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, well. That is heavily volume/intensity dependent. I don’t really need much of a chamois when riding 90% of FTP but 60% is another story. Similarly, 3 hours a week is different to 12 hours a week.

1 Like

EBay

seriously, someone will buy them.

1 Like

I agree with selling them on ebay.

But label them as Astronaut Diapers and fetch a pretty penny.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t buy 2nd hand bib knicks. But I do have several pairs hardly worn, and rather give them away to a junior and help them. Infact Ill go through my drawers and pull out old jerseys and knicks and do that over the weekend.

1 Like

Keep them and when you put a hole in a pair of good bibs a seamstress can cut a patch out of the old ones. She (he) can then fix your nice new pair almost as good as new. Its hard to repair the tear in bibs but they can be patched for a very small fee by a professional seamstress!